ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Nationality with Spouse Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AlbanianKosovan
Newly Registered
Albania

Changing Nationality with Spouse Visa Application

Post by AlbanianKosovan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:52 pm

Bit of a back story, I came into the UK as a minor in 2001 as "Kosovan" asylum seeker. Asylum was rejected but was allowed to stay under DLR.
Sometime in the last 18 years I told the authorities I was Albanian and 8 years worth of Home Office letters have my nationality at Albanian. In 2017 my solicitor submitted an application with Kosovar nationailty and everything with the home office in regards to letter was changed back to Kosovo nationailty.

In May 2019, I married my british wife after 11 years together.

I decided to come clean about my nationailty and obtained my birth certificate and applied for a passport in the Albanian embassy in London.

We submitted a family life Visa this week and have technically come clean regarding being Albanian.

We have an abundance of supporting documents as well as all of the home office letters with Albania as my nationailty.

I have my biometrics appointment in 9 days and we have basically been told by a solicitor the application will 100% be rejected and then we will have to go from there.

We have also paid for the 1 day decision option.

Does anyone have a similar situation or any knowledge as to what we can expect?

AlbanianKosovan
Newly Registered
Albania

Re: Changing Nationality with Spouse Visa Application

Post by AlbanianKosovan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:11 pm

Anyone?