ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job offer by NHS visa validity?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nidesh
Newly Registered

Job offer by NHS visa validity?

Post by nidesh » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:59 pm

Hi,
My neice is a doctor and this week got a job from NHS as doctor. They offered the position only for 4 months. Though, its very likely that it will be increased at latter stage. But right noe, the job is only for 4 months. My qyestion is:
(1) when she gets her vusa, will it be for 4 months only or the visa officer may give it for longer duration?

(2) which visa will she apply? Tier 2 General or T 2 (employer sponsered)

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Job offer by NHS visa validity?

Post by UKLL » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:24 pm

nidesh wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:59 pm
Hi,
My neice is a doctor and this week got a job from NHS as doctor. They offered the position only for 4 months. Though, its very likely that it will be increased at latter stage. But right noe, the job is only for 4 months. My qyestion is:
(1) when she gets her vusa, will it be for 4 months only or the visa officer may give it for longer duration?
If the CoS is for 4 months, then 4 months +14 days

I don't understand, they are the same

epani
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Job offer by NHS visa validity?

Post by epani » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:38 pm

nidesh wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:59 pm
Hi,

1. VISA depends on CoS. DId NHS apply for CoS. How long was it. Visa is generally couple of weeks more than CoS end date. Thats all. I would reckon that CoS will be given atleast for a year.

2. TIER 2 general (Infact the second one is just a broad category of TIER 2)