ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years super priority service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

missyk
Newly Registered

ILR 10 years super priority service

Post by missyk » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:09 am

Did anyone apply for ILR (long residence) using the super priority service lately? If so, any delays?

I did my biometric yesterday 29/07/19 at 0930 (London premium lounge). Its 11am next day I still haven't heard back. I am increasing anxious and agitated as I want to get my things in order. Not kowing is holding me up and I feel so uneasy!

I called DX but no delivery arranged for me. Called UKVI they said this is still within timeline because they have 5 days to notify us of decisions despite super priority service :| I suppose no news is good news...

Any experience would be appreciated thanks

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR 10 years super priority service

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:26 am

Hi Missyk

I applied via super priority service 10 years long residency on 26th June 2019 and got the appointment for the next day after paying £100. My appointment was in Croydon at 8 am in the morning. Submitted bio-metrics and was out by 09:00 am.

Received case workers email at 3:00 pm the same day to say that application is exceptionally complex and can't be decided today. Was extremely stressed/anxious/depressed. You name it.

After that, no further emails and received a letter in the post on the 8th of July to say that ILR has been approved. On the 10th July received BRP card as well.

I kept checking "prove your right to work website" and on the 4th of July my status changed to

"You can work in the UK. There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK." My old BRP was still VALID so I kept checking. If you still have a valid BRP you can check that as well. The link for that is
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Best wishes for your visa.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:06 pm

missyk wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:09 am
Did anyone apply for ILR (long residence) using the super priority service lately? If so, any delays?

I did my biometric yesterday 29/07/19 at 0930 (London premium lounge). Its 11am next day I still haven't heard back. I am increasing anxious and agitated as I want to get my things in order. Not kowing is holding me up and I feel so uneasy!

I called DX but no delivery arranged for me. Called UKVI they said this is still within timeline because they have 5 days to notify us of decisions despite super priority service :| I suppose no news is good news...

24 hours service is not a guarantee. Some members have waited longer (few days or even weeks). Stay positive and patient. Once you get your decision you can push in for a refund for super priority fee.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:18 pm

Dear Tier11417, do you know a way to push for the refund or can you guide please?

missyk
Newly Registered

Post by missyk » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:23 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:26 am
Hi Missyk

I applied via super priority service 10 years long residency on 26th June 2019 and got the appointment for the next day after paying £100. My appointment was in Croydon at 8 am in the morning. Submitted bio-metrics and was out by 09:00 am.

Received case workers email at 3:00 pm the same day to say that application is exceptionally complex and can't be decided today. Was extremely stressed/anxious/depressed. You name it.

After that, no further emails and received a letter in the post on the 8th of July to say that ILR has been approved. On the 10th July received BRP card as well.

I kept checking "prove your right to work website" and on the 4th of July my status changed to

"You can work in the UK. There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK." My old BRP was still VALID so I kept checking. If you still have a valid BRP you can check that as well. The link for that is
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Best wishes for your visa.
talreh20

Congratulations on your application.

My BRP is still unchanged and valid. I will keep checking. Can only escalate in 5 days if continue to have no response.

So by the sound of it, the reference number for new BRP is the same as current BRP??
Just wondering as all my previous visas had different ref numbers.

Thanks.

missyk
Newly Registered

Post by missyk » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:29 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:06 pm
missyk wrote:

24 hours service is not a guarantee. Some members have waited longer (few days or even weeks). Stay positive and patient. Once you get your decision you can push in for a refund for super priority fee.
tier11417

Thanks, will try my best.
They're now saying I am within the timeframe because 24 hrs allowance is for caseworker to make a decision once biometric is done. Further to that, they can have 5 days to inform applicants of their decisions.

It sounds like as long as caseworker can return with a confirmation email within 6 days of biometrics (incl. 24 hrs for looking at application), refund would be out of the question. It just gives them leeway as we'd never know if a decision was actually made within 24 hours. (just my opinion)

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:32 pm

Many thanks.

The BRP number will be different for the new BRP but once home office has granted ILR to you, they'll update the status for your existing BRP as well. So you can check your status using current valid BRP.

missyk
Newly Registered

Post by missyk » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:40 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:32 pm
Many thanks.

The BRP number will be different for the new BRP but once home office has granted ILR to you, they'll update the status for your existing BRP as well. So you can check your status using current valid BRP.
Ohh I see very good to know. Thanks again.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:22 pm

I am not sure about the refund process but if you search this forum a couple members have reported that. You might get some more information how they did it and if were successful. I recall some being successful.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

wrongtime17

Post by wrongtime17 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:10 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:18 pm
Dear Tier11417, do you know a way to push for the refund or can you guide, please?
hi, you have to write a letter to the caseworker in order to get the super-priority fee refund.
if you had received any communication you can find the address on that letter.

in my case, I wrote a letter to the Liverpool office for the refund and I got it in a week time.

regarding application decision, i have been waiting for six months to get a decision on my set (LR) application.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi Many thanks for letting us know.

delux_king
Newly Registered
India

Post by delux_king » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:26 am

missyk wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you.

SET (LR) application - Super Priority

Online application submitted: 27 July 2019 (documents uploaded online)
Biometrics appointment: 29 July 2019 (11am)

That's it. No further communication from anybody. I've checked my right to work on my current BRP and it is still the same. Like you, I have also called the UKVI phone line and they told me the same thing - call back in 5 working days because they haven't breached their service standard yet.

I have read through a few posts on this forum, and noted that when it comes to delays with the Super Priority service the moderators have advised time and again that the 24 hour time frame is not a guarantee.

However, on their own website (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services) it clearly says that we would be contacted within 24 hours, even if their is a problem with the application.

I completely share your anxiety, and I suppose this is augmented due to complete radio silence from the Home Office (despite paying an enhanced rate). I understand this time of the year is very busy for visa applications, but an email or website where you can check your application progress would go such a long way!

delux_king
Newly Registered
India

Post by delux_king » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:27 am

missyk wrote:

That's it. No further communication from anybody. I've checked my right to work on my current BRP and it is still the same. Like you, I have also called the UKVI phone line and they told me the same thing - call back in 5 working days because they haven't breached their service standard yet.

I have read through a few posts on this forum, and noted that when it comes to delays with the Super Priority service the moderators have advised time and again that the 24 hour time frame is not a guarantee.

However, on their own website (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services) it clearly says that we would be contacted within 24 hours, even if their is a problem with the application.

I completely share your anxiety, and I suppose this is augmented due to complete radio silence from the Home Office (despite paying an enhanced rate). I understand this time of the year is very busy for visa applications, but an email or website where you can check your application progress would go such a long way!

missyk
Newly Registered

Post by missyk » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:40 am

@delux_king

Sorry to hear this is very frustrating they should not have advertised such service to be 24 hours because it sets the expectation. This is clearly not fit for purpose for application such as SET(LR) where verification checks potentially involve 10 years of history, taking into account admin backlog and human factors.

Thanks for sharing just have to wait and try to be patient now. Longest week for me for sure.

missyk
Newly Registered

Post by missyk » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:56 pm

delux_king wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:27 am

delux_king

Did you receive any update at all with regards to your application?? Thanks

delux_king
Newly Registered
India

Post by delux_king » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:59 am

missyk wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:56 pm
delux_king wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:27 am

delux_king

Did you receive any update at all with regards to your application?? Thanks
Nothing. No update so far. Called UKVI today and they have escalated my case. Advised not to call them again for another 5 working days :(

awt2018
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by awt2018 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:28 am

I have applied ILR on SET(LR) route on 05-08-2019 super priority service at Crydon center at 8.00 am.
More than 24 hours passed still no email received.

missyk
Newly Registered

Post by missyk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:24 pm

delux_king I received my decision a few hours ago. Someone from HO called and said decision is made and will be sent by post. My right to work status is changed to 'there is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK' so I'm guessing it's good news. Hope you get yours soon!

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:55 am

Great news. Congratulations. Best wishes for delux_king. Hope he gets it too soon.

delux_king
Newly Registered
India

Post by delux_king » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:28 pm

missyk wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:24 pm
delux_king I received my decision a few hours ago. Someone from HO called and said decision is made and will be sent by post. My right to work status is changed to 'there is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK' so I'm guessing it's good news. Hope you get yours soon!
Congratulations!!
Did you do anything special (i.e. escalate or write to MP or go to solicitor etc.)?

missyk
Newly Registered

Post by missyk » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:45 pm

delux_king wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:28 pm
Congratulations!!
Did you do anything special (i.e. escalate or write to MP or go to solicitor etc.)?
Thanks just the UKVI contact centre and once to MP. I didn't use a solicitor.