ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences calculated from date of online application or appointment? (Tier 2 > ILR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

partypanda
Newly Registered
Singapore

Absences calculated from date of online application or appointment? (Tier 2 > ILR)

Post by partypanda » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:32 am

Hi everyone

I've just submitted my ILR SET(O) application form and made payment. Trying to book an appointment now, but the only free appointments are in three weeks' time.
My query is whether, for the purposes of counting days of absences under the 180 day rule (for those pre-January 2018), will the "date of application" for me will count as today, or will it count as the date of my appointment at the visa centre? I ask because if it is the latter, I might come into issues under the 180 day rule.

Further - I have upcoming travel this month (August 22 - 27) and there is a free appointment date on August 19. Is it advisable for me to wait until after my travels to attend the appointment (I'm not sure if we have to leave behind any documents like passport/BRP?). I've paid for the premium service which I understand should give a next day decision?

Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Absences calculated from date of online application or appointment? (Tier 2 > ILR)

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:53 pm

The date of appointment is irrelevant as the date of the application is the date of online submission. Leaving the UK after submission means your application could be considered withdrawn.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice