ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen Application - Good character requirement.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ovarkent
Newly Registered

British Citizen Application - Good character requirement.

Post by ovarkent » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi All,
Thanks for all you do.
Please, I will be applying for my British citizenship in a months time since I have had my ILR for more than 12 months.
Regarding the good character requirement, I have a Fixed Penalty Ticket from Police in May 2016 and I was fined £100 with 3 points. Currently, it says on my record that that fine has expired and my points back but the record will be removed in May 2020.
QUESTION: Will this affect my application? I have consistently disclosed it in my previous application and intend to do the same for the British citizen application.

Also, over the years, I have received Penalty Charge Notice but can not remember how many since I started driving in 2015. In the past 12months, unfortunately, I have received up to 3 of such but I have paid on time in each case.
QUESTION; Will this be an issue?

Many thanks as I expect your responses.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Citizen Application - Good character requirement.

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:35 pm

ovarkent wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:11 pm
Hi All,
Thanks for all you do.
Please, I will be applying for my British citizenship in a months time since I have had my ILR for more than 12 months.
Regarding the good character requirement, I have a Fixed Penalty Ticket from Police in May 2016 and I was fined £100 with 3 points. Currently, it says on my record that that fine has expired and my points back but the record will be removed in May 2020.
QUESTION: Will this affect my application? I have consistently disclosed it in my previous application and intend to do the same for the British citizen application. Will not affect but disclosing should be done.

Also, over the years, I have received Penalty Charge Notice but can not remember how many since I started driving in 2015. In the past 12months, unfortunately, I have received up to 3 of such but I have paid on time in each case.
QUESTION; Will this be an issue? Are these issued by the police or private parking company, if the latter then no need to disclose, if Police then disclose. Can't comment of possible impact.

Many thanks as I expect your responses.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ovarkent
Newly Registered

Post by ovarkent » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:53 am

Thanks for your response. Greatly appreciated.
The penalty charge notices are from private and some from the Reading Borough council.

ovarkent
Newly Registered

Post by ovarkent » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:05 am

Also, do I need to disclose a parking ticket fine from private or Local Council that was paid off on time? What if I don't remember all the parking fines/ticket?