ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

xeroxabcshaikh

family visit visa

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi ALL,

I am on ILR status and I want to apply my wife, daughter (6), son(4.5) visit visa next month. I need your valuable advice that my wife is 6 months pregnant and I want to apply family visit visa next month I want to mention here that my wife and my kids were here with me last year and due to my wife health issue I withdraw their tier 1 dependent application. My wife and kids still registered with GP and time to time I received letters from GP. Is it possible that my wife birth new baby here and on time return to back home?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: family visit visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:10 pm

She cannot have the baby here for free on the NHS as a visitor. She will have to pay 150% of the cost.

Failure to pay could result in future visa refusals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xeroxabcshaikh

Post by xeroxabcshaikh » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Thank you for your reply CR001......

OK but can i apply child benifit or other child tax credit if my kids come to uk after new baby birth in my home counyry as a visitor???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:16 pm

Yes you can as you hold ilr.

Remember that you can only claim child benefits when children live in the UK.

They might not get a visitor visa as what strong ties to home country will they prove?? They cannot switch to any other visa if in the UK as visitors, if they can get visitor visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:24 pm

How long does your wife intend to stay in the UK if she is granted a visitor visa? Are you aware that most airlines won't accept her on the return flight if she is 36 weeks or more into her pregnancy. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.