ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amartynenka
Newly Registered
Belarus

Naturalisation

Post by Amartynenka » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Hey guys,

I’ve got my ILR for a year now and am planning g to apply for naturalisation.
I’ve been travelling a lot for work this year and I have exceeded the number of days allowed in your last 12 months.
Do you think if it’s a work related travel I can still apply? And just provide Home Office with the necessary supporting documentation from my employer?
Did anyone has the same situation?
Thanks,
Anna

World Traveller
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation

Post by World Traveller » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:28 pm

Amartynenka wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:17 pm
Hey guys,

I’ve been travelling a lot for work this year and I have exceeded the number of days allowed in your last 12 months.
Do you think if it’s a work related travel I can still apply? And just provide Home Office with the necessary supporting documentation from my employer?
Thanks,
Anna
That’s what my solicitors did. They explained in the cover letter that my trips were work related and we added letters from my clients saying my presence was necessary during those periods etc. Fingers crossed it’s going to work.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:28 am

By how much have you exceeded the number of days allowed in the last 12 months? Do you meet all the other criteria? And is the organisation that you work for a UK-registered company?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:28 am

World Traveller wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:28 pm
Amartynenka wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:17 pm
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Anna
That’s what my solicitors did. They explained in the cover letter that my trips were work related and we added letters from my clients saying my presence was necessary during those periods etc. Fingers crossed it’s going to work.
You are right to keep your fingers crossed. Empirical evidence shows that discretion is used upto 110 days. Beyond that the solicitor has fooled you into applying early since you are the one who loses the application fee and he still earns his fee.

Amartynenka
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by Amartynenka » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:25 am

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:28 am
By how much have you exceeded the number of days allowed in the last 12 months? Do you meet all the other criteria? And is the organisation that you work for a UK-registered company?
Hi Simon,

It was for the US registered company who are planning to open the office in the UK, hence my travel requirements.
As I will be the one leading this office in the UK.
I’m over by 6 days, so 95 days in total.
I also removed the number of days that was spent travelling (i.e. 2 days from each trip).

I meet all the other criteria, I believe.