ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Overstaying

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BenAnswers2

Visitor Visa Overstaying

Post by BenAnswers2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:49 pm

Hello,

If you applied for a UK visitor visa saying you intended to visit for 14 days and you were granted the visa, what would happen if you changed your mind about the time you wanted to spend here?

Would it be acceptable to stay in the UK up until the 6 months until your visa expires, or would this be illegal?

Or am I wrong in thinking that visas are granted for 6 months?
Are they only offered over the dates of your planned journey?

Thanks,
Ben

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Visitor Visa Overstaying

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:57 pm

Despite a person wont be an over stayer until the expiry but spending more time than indicated earlier will reduce his/her credibility in the eyes of ECO when he will apply again in future.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

BenAnswers2

Post by BenAnswers2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Does it reduce their credibility for mainly visit visas or do you think it might impact their credibility for a Family of a Settled Person Visa too?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:16 pm

BenAnswers2 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:03 pm
Does it reduce their credibility for mainly visit visas or do you think it might impact their credibility for a Family of a Settled Person Visa too?
Only for subsequent visitor visa application
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

BenAnswers2

Post by BenAnswers2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:16 pm
BenAnswers2 wrote:
Thanks for your insight

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:18 pm

BenAnswers2 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:52 pm
seagul wrote:
BenAnswers2 wrote:
Thanks for your insight
I wouldn’t give it too much thought, situations and circumstances change. You could have been hospitalised? A family member taken ill - who knows?

They are unlikely to quiz you as you’re leaving the country, unless they have cause for concern. My partner has entered the UK countless times over course of the last 9 years and never encountered issues.

On my partners last visit (tourist visa) he stated he was entering for a week to visit friends (which indeed he was, for birthdays) but ended up staying with me for 4/5 weeks. We’ve just sailed through a fiancé visa application.

Just don’t overthink the situation.

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: 26 June 2019
Decision Date: 29 August 2019
Decision: Granted

Application Type: FLR(M)
Application Date: 23 October 2019
Decision Date: 28 October 2019
Decision: Granted

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:29 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:18 pm
On my partners last visit (tourist visa) he stated he was entering for a week to visit friends (which indeed he was, for birthdays) but ended up staying with me for 4/5 weeks. We’ve just sailed through a fiancé visa application.
seagul wrote:

BenAnswers2

Post by BenAnswers2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:32 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:18 pm
BenAnswers2 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:52 pm
seagul wrote:
BenAnswers2 wrote:
Thanks for your insight
I wouldn’t give it too much thought, situations and circumstances change. You could have been hospitalised? A family member taken ill - who knows?

They are unlikely to quiz you as you’re leaving the country, unless they have cause for concern. My partner has entered the UK countless times over course of the last 9 years and never encountered issues.

Just don’t overthink the situation.
Useful info, thanks :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:43 pm

Visit visas are scrutinised more rigorously because they can easily be abused and during such scrutiny the ECO mostly consider the past immigration history, financial strength and social ties with home country while giving zero percent consideration to imagining/ illusioning as what could be happened. And if ECO start thinking it then almost everyone gets the visa. Hope my inner meaning has been clarified now and arguing further maybe pointless since op gets the asnwer and plenty of members experiences can be found here:

general-uk-immigration-forum/