ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (10y route) after on T4&T2 dependent +FLR(M/FP)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kamana
Hong Kong

FLR(M) to ILR

Post by Kamana » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi I am little bit confused here...
My understanding is that if the main applicant who is on T2 gets ILR then the partner has to apply for FLR(M). If the partner later then completes 10 years while on FLR(M) can s/he apply for ILR? or does the clock reset to zero as soon as s/he gets FLR(M)?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR(M) to ILR

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:32 pm

Kamana wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:45 pm
Hi I am little bit confused here...
My understanding is that if the main applicant who is on T2 gets ILR then the partner has to apply for FLR(M). If the partner later then completes 10 years while on FLR(M) can s/he apply for ILR? or does the clock reset to zero as soon as s/he gets FLR(M)?

Thanks
If you have acquired your ILR after 5 years on T2 then your partner can continue to extend his/her T2 dependent visa without resetting her clocks towards ILR otherwise to FLRM if you got your ILR through long residence where her clock will reset. But her all visas will be counted towards 10 years long residence for ILR.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Kamana
Hong Kong

ILR (10y route) after on T4&T2 dependent +FLR(M/FP)

Post by Kamana » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:24 pm

Sorry if this question sounds stupid to some guru's here. The more I read these forums the more confusing its getting...

My question is that if the main applicant who has just been granted ILR after completing 10 years on T4 and T2 what would the main applicant's dependent partner need? Is it FLR(M) or FLR (FP)?
(Both the main applicant and the partner has a UK degree and earns more than £30k a year before tax)

The partner is currently on T2 dependent visa. So far the partner has completed about 8 years on dependent visas (T4 and T2 dependent combined) and is planning to apply FLR(M) / FLR(FP) which ever is appropriate and easy to get, and then after completing 2 years on that the partner intend to apply for ILR since the partner would have completed 10 years by then. My question is that is it possible to apply for ILR on 10 year route basis (T2 & T4 dependent + FLR(M)/FLR(FP) combined) or does the clock reset to zero from the moment the partner gets FLR(M) / FLR(FP) ?

Thanks you so much for being very helpful.

Casa

Re: ILR (10y route) after on T4&T2 dependent +FLR(M/FP)

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:51 am

FLR(M).

All lawful residence can be combined to qualify for the 10 years qualifying period.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.