ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Already taken SELT, still need NARIC?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jiaheliu
Newly Registered
Singapore

Already taken SELT, still need NARIC?

Post by jiaheliu » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:05 pm

I'm applying ILR from Tier 2 General. I have degrees taught in English but not from recognised majority English speaking country (Singapore). I understand that to prove English language ability for ILR, I need EITHER an English degree certified by NARIC, OR a SELT English Test certificate for level B1 or above.

Now since I have a SELT English certificate, I thought i didn't need to have NARIC to approve my English degree. However, in filling the IRL online form, I realise that NARIC certificate is still on the required documents list despite indicating that I have the required English test certificate. This happens as long as I chose 'Yes' in the question 'Do you have a degree taught in English' question, even if I chose 'NO' under the subsequent question 'Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa?'.

This is confusing to me as I thought having the required English test certificate would make it irrelevant whether I have degree in English or not for IRL application. In this circumstance, can I choose 'NO' to the question asking whether I have an English degree so that I do not need to provide NARIC letter?

I appreciate any help and advice. Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Already taken SELT, still need NARIC?

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Tick NO to the degree question if you are using the B1 test to meet the requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.