ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in the UK requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PrzemooB
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by PrzemooB » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:31 pm

Good afternoon,

Several weeks ago I accidentally marked my application as completed. I didn't pay for it as I thought that i didn't submit it and will be able to edit it later. Now i Passed my Life in the UK test and wanted to edit it and I don't have access to edit it. It takes me directly to 'pay for the application' page.

It is funny as it didn't mention that I won't be able to make any changes and I thought that subission is completed after you paid. Do I have to create another application from scratch now?

Thank you for help.

Przemek

bluebird12
Pakistan

Re: Can't edit my completed (not submitted/paid) application

Post by bluebird12 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:43 pm

You can edit details as many times as you want before paying and submitting your application. You have to click the first section ( Personal details ) and go through one by one section till you get amend details you want to amend it. Remember all details will be pre-filled and you do not have to fill it again... Good luck

zimba
Mood:

Re: Can't edit my completed (not submitted/paid) application

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:20 pm

Unless you paid for the application, you can return to it and edit it
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

PrzemooB
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by PrzemooB » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi,

I am about to finally submit my application. I am slightly worried about my documents proving the 5 year period of living in the UK. I obviously have residence card (got it two years ago), so back then I was able to prove 5 years of living in the UK (but it was stated that bank statements are more less considered as proof). On the website it is stated that those documents are not accepted. Does it mean that it is more difficult to meet this requirement when you apply for citizenship?

My situation is the following - I have p60's and employer letter confirming that I have been employed since 09/2016. From my previous job, I only have p45 and documents called 'statement of earning' for the years 2014, 2015, 2016. I sent them when applied for residence card so it worked before.

Do you think whether there is any risk that those documents are not sufficient?

Thank you for your help!

Przemek

zimba
Mood:

Re: Proof of living in the UK requirement

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:47 pm

I do not believe there should be any issues as you were granted PR, why would they contest it now
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice