ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non Eu bringing the family to the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bamby322
Newly Registered

Non Eu bringing the family to the UK

Post by bamby322 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:19 am

Hi All,

I really need your help and an advise please!

I'm non eu citizen living with my wife from eu in London.
I want to bring my parents and one little bro to live with us in the UK.
I have got resident card, pre settle status and my wife has got settle status and we both are working full time. We are currently living in 1 bedroom flat in London. i don't know if i have to show expenses, accomodation proof for them to live or not essential as we will move to big flat in the future. My question is,

Can i bring my non eu family to the UK? If yes, Legal guidance will be very helpful and appreciated!

Many thanks!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Non Eu bringing the family to the UK

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:02 pm

Hello

I hate to break it to you, but there is no option.

You can just send them invitations so they can visit you from time to time. The good thing is if they stick to the terms of their visa, they can apply for longer and longer visit visas. My brother has a 5-year visit visa. It doesn't mean he can stay 5 years in the UK, work or anything, but he can travel to the UK any time he wants.

Before, EEA Extended Family member route used to extend to the family of the partner. But that changed in 2017.

The full document is here:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... s-v7.0.pdf

However, don't be disappointed because even when this option was on the table, it wasn't usually possible for an EEA national to bring his partner's parents and brother on a extended family basis. Too many things have to be demonstrated and the Home Office always had a lot of discretion over such applications which means they were declined.

bamby322
Newly Registered

Post by bamby322 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:41 pm

Hello Zerubbabel,

Thank you for the reply and an advise. It was very helpful to read out the govt guidance on it.

I heard from one of my friend, His friend brought his parents and sis to the UK but he has got only UK resident card while he and his wife both work fulll time. It could be a different case as i even don't know his circumstances and timeline story.

Btw, Can i bring my family once i get the British citizenship/passport?
I know the 18,600 per year for per person sponsorship but any other special requirement?
Or it just very tough and difficult to try that in the future as per current rules?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:44 pm

I know the 18,600 per year for per person sponsorship but any other special requirement?
Or it just very tough and difficult to try that in the future as per current rules?
Even more difficult and virtually impossible and the most difficult visas to get with an almost guaranteed refusal rate, which then also shuts the door to any future visitor visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:35 pm

bamby322 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:41 pm
Hello Zerubbabel,

Thank you for the reply and an advise. It was very helpful to read out the govt guidance on it.

I heard from one of my friend, His friend brought his parents and sis to the UK but he has got only UK resident card while he and his wife both work fulll time. It could be a different case as i even don't know his circumstances and timeline story.

You are welcome.

I have a British passport but I can't bring my parents. If I try and fail (99.99% chances of failure) I won't be even able to invite them for short holiday in the UK. Visitors visa would be denied forever.

At the moment, it's nearly impossible to bring your parents to live in the UK and I don't expect this to get easier in the foreseeable future.

Some people managed to do it in the past under some routes that worked for their particular circumstances at the time, but this is not something you can reproduce.

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:12 pm

bamby322 wrote:
Hello Zerubbabel,

Don't be disappointed. It's still possible for your parents but unfortunately not for your brother.
There is thread called EU Settlement Scheme Family Permits success by Lululuna. Very helpful for you. Please note your parents are still close family member of your eu spouse and new rules says you do need to proof their dependency.

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:21 am

pinkpanter wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:12 pm
bamby322 wrote:
Hello Zerubbabel,

Don't be disappointed. It's still possible for your parents but unfortunately not for your brother.
There is thread called EU Settlement Scheme Family Permits success by Lululuna. Very helpful for you. Please note your parents are still close family member of your eu spouse and new rules says you do need to proof their dependency.
I mean you Do NOT need to show dependency for your dependent parents or your spouse parents