ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit- Lounes application from Italy

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MaxLondon
Newly Registered

EEA Family permit- Lounes application from Italy

Post by MaxLondon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:32 am

Hi everyone,

Has anyone done the EEA Family permit / Lounes rout application from Italy?
I just want to know how is the process to upload evidence for the EEA Family permit. Is there a limit to the number of pages to upload?

Thanks!

M

MaxLondon
Newly Registered

Proof of residence - Annual bank statements

Post by MaxLondon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:34 am

Hello

Has anyone requested the annual bank statement as proof of being resident for more than 6 months in a year in UK? I am with Natwest bank. As I am following the Lounes case, I would need to provide evidence since 2006.. so a long time!
Has anyone had the same problem? I'm with Natwest bank.

Thanks

M

MaxLondon
Newly Registered

EEA family visa - evidence of trips outside UK?

Post by MaxLondon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:37 am

Hello everyone

My wife is applying for EEA Family visa to join me in UK and I need to be able to demonstrate permanent residence in the UK to be a qualified person. Is there a requirement to list all the trips done outside UK? It is not mentioned anywhere but I hear people doing it.

Thanks

M

MaxLondon
Newly Registered

Re: EEA family visa - evidence of trips outside UK?

Post by MaxLondon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:38 am

Apologies I meant EEA family PERMIT.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EEA Family permit- Lounes application from Italy

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:42 am

Kindly keep all your questions in one topic, all merged and moved to the EEA Route sub forum.

Are you an EU and British citizen???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MaxLondon
Newly Registered

Post by MaxLondon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Yes I am, which falls in the Lounes CJEU case.

it91

Post by it91 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi
I did Lounes application while living in the UK. But the general logic should be the same.

How did you get the information that you are eligible to apply for Lounes? If Home Office told you, which means you must be given all the information.

I called Home Office, explained my current visa status and they said I was eligible for Lounes PSS, that’s how I requested the paper form and filled it out and sent it with the proof docs. Were you told the same?

With the information you’ll provide I might give you an idea.
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes PSS
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: PSS Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

MaxLondon
Newly Registered

Post by MaxLondon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi

Thanks for replying.
Just to clarifying, we are still at the first stage,l applying for the EEA family permit, not the EU (pre-)settled scheme as she has not moved to the UK yet.

I was initially unaware of the possibility for Dual British/EU nationals to apply for EEA family permit, but I have been done by an immigration lawyer that this is the case.

I am compiling the paper now and going through the process so any tips or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

M

MaxLondon
Newly Registered

Post by MaxLondon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:42 am
Kindly keep all your questions in one topic, all merged and moved to the EEA Route sub forum.

Are you an EU and British citizen???
Thanks - Indeed it is better to keep them all in one forum.

Yes I have dual Italian and British Citizenship.

it91

Post by it91 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:25 am

MaxLondon wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:11 pm
Hi

Thanks for replying.
Just to clarifying, we are still at the first stage,l applying for the EEA family permit, not the EU (pre-)settled scheme as she has not moved to the UK yet.

I was initially unaware of the possibility for Dual British/EU nationals to apply for EEA family permit, but I have been done by an immigration lawyer that this is the case.

I am compiling the paper now and going through the process so any tips or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

M
As far as I experienced, the paper application is specific to applicant. The required evidence might vary. Generally HO Resolution Centre is very helpful and explanatory. If you need anything specific other than normal Family Permit application, I believe they will give you the right answer.

But as far as I know:
You (EU/Uk citizen) should provide your NinO, your status in the UK (proof of address if you have any), your marriage certificate (In English), the birth certificate of your spouse, the information about when did you get your permanent residence/settled status (If you had), and your naturalisation date and if you have any reference numbers for the latter two.

These are what i was asked when I applied from UK and I believe it should be essentially same if you’re applying from outside the UK.
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes PSS
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: PSS Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

Biestef
Newly Registered
Columbia

Post by Biestef » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi, thank you so much in advance!
I am the sponsor for my wife and two daughters based on EEA FP. They are in Colombia.
So far so good. We provided everything, many things, documents, pictures, every document translated and this the Hate stamp etc.
Day 13th, she received a "Not straightforward case".
I believe that I became British 2 years ago, as I have had ILR as an European, back in 2004. So I did not obtained it through the settlement scheme.
I was told that my application is a Lounes applications, and that, yes, we can make the application through that route. But, that the application is made in paper and it goes through a separate section.
Does anyone know about this?
I do not know if I should wait for the current application. Or cancel it and make a fresh one on the paper application as it seems to be the way to go.
I am completely lost.
Can anyone offer me some I sight please? It would be very much appreciated.
I am both Spanish and British. She is Colombian.

Biestef
Newly Registered
Columbia

Re: EEA family visa - evidence of trips outside UK?

Post by Biestef » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:43 pm

MaxLondon wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:37 am
Hello everyone

My wife is applying for EEA Family visa to join me in UK and I need to be able to demonstrate permanent residence in the UK to be a qualified person. Is there a requirement to list all the trips done outside UK? It is not mentioned anywhere but I hear people doing it.

Thanks

M
Hi Max,
Did you get any update? And did you make the application online for a FP as normal? Or a paper application?

Hi
I did Lounes application while living in the UK. But the general logic should be the same.

How did you get the information that you are eligible to apply for Lounes? If Home Office told you, which means you must be given all the information.

I called Home Office, explained my current visa status and they said I was eligible for Lounes Pre Settled Status, that’s how I requested the paper form and filled it out and sent it with the proof docs. Were you told the same?

With the information you’ll provide I might give you an idea.

richiesuk

Post by richiesuk » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:52 pm

hi all,

is it possible to apply for Lounes from abroad?

our history could be seen here

eea-route-applications/expired-family-p ... 89875.html

thanks,

Richard