ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum/refugee right to study

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Asylum/refugee right to study

Post by wikki » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:58 pm

Hello everyone

I am in the process of asking for asylum and I just want to know a few things.
1. I read that once you are an asylum seeker (i.e pending decision) and or a refugee, the Home Office can deny you the right to study. I'd like to know if it is still the case??

2. Is it possible that the Home Office gives back my passport while the asylum claim is under consideration for urgent reasons?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Asylum/refugee right to study

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:14 pm

What threat/risk you have in your country/other where and you planning to claim asylum??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

GuerillaMethod
Mood:
Iran

Post by GuerillaMethod » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:12 pm

I was in middle of my degree when I claimed Asylum in 2013 and they didn’t say I cannot study!

It took me 6 years to get Refugee status!

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:27 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:14 pm
What threat/risk you have in your country/other where and you planning to claim asylum??
Sorry, I'm not sure I understood your question.

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:29 pm

GuerillaMethod wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:12 pm
I was in middle of my degree when I claimed Asylum in 2013 and they didn’t say I cannot study!

It took me 6 years to get Refugee status!
Thanks for your feedback. But why did it take you 6 years to get an asylum status?