ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa interview went wrong

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hanaababader123
Newly Registered
India

Spouse visa interview went wrong

Post by Hanaababader123 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:58 pm

My husband is British citizen I have applied for spouse visa. They called my husband and interviewed him all went good but when they called the company owner he said that my husband has joined the company 2017 but he joined on 2018. Another question is my husband said he is working now technically he on vacation but he is doing his office work daily like attending customer calls and emails at home and he is being paid for that. My husband said that he is working but the owner of company said he is on vacation but working like attending calls at home and email. Will the affect my visa.

Sasaogs
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa interview went wrong

Post by Sasaogs » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:32 pm

Not regarding the vacation part. However the date he said he start the job is different, why did he lie?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:40 pm

More likely the caseworker will count it as major discrepancy. Never seen anyone who is working and also on vacation too :shock:
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:35 am

Hello

What do you mean by "vacation".

If someone is employed, like has a permanent job somewhere, then he goes on holiday / vacation / time-off for 2 weeks, during these 2 weeks is not jobless. He is still considered employed on permanent basis even if during these 2 weeks he is on vacation.

How long is this vacation?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:35 am
Hello

If someone is employed, like has a permanent job somewhere, then he goes on holiday / vacation / time-off for 2 weeks, during these 2 weeks is not jobless. He is still considered employed on permanent basis even if during these 2 weeks he is on vacation.

I don't think that is the concern because employer already confirmed that he is employed despite mentioned the wrong commencement year. Most risky point here is stating the wrong date of joining the work.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Hanaababader123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hanaababader123 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Sasaogs wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:32 pm
Not regarding the vacation part. However the date he said he start the job is different, why did he lie?
He didnot lie my husband joining date is on 2018 but by mistake the owner said 2017. The company manager knows all the details but the home office called the owner. He is not aware of everything.

Hanaababader123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hanaababader123 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:54 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:59 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
Hello

I don't think that is the concern because employer already confirmed that he is employed despite mentioned the wrong commencement year. Most risky point here is stating the wrong date of joining the work.
Zerubbabel wrote:
Hello

Its just a week not for month my husband post is sales executive. Even if he take a leave he gets call and email which he manage to do it at home and he is been paid for that.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:16 pm

Is it a family run business and your employer related to you?

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:14 pm

If he is still legally employed, the intricacies of his employment should be of little interest to HO.

I have colleagues that have been technically ‘WFH’ for the last week but are actually at a holiday home in France with their family.

The only concern would be his start date, provided he has been employed >6months, this should not be a major issue.

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: 26 June 2019
Decision Date: 29 August 2019
Decision: Granted

Application Type: FLR(M)
Application Date: 23 October 2019
Decision Date: 28 October 2019
Decision: Granted

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:31 pm

For a spouse visa, the critical bit is: work.

If there is uncertainty about the work, that's a serious problem. I struggle to understand how a company provides a wrong start date when asked by an authority. Had he started with them on 1995 and someone said 1997, it would have been more believable then confusing recent dates.

The vacation / work from home / email / getting paid... don't make sense.

If you explain the story to the Home Office the same way you are telling us, they will suspect the job is not genuine.

But the ultimate questions are:

- What type of contract is he on? (full-time/permanent, part-time, agency, contractor...)

- Did he provide payslips and tax documents?

Hanaababader123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hanaababader123 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:15 am

You are not getting my point is its been more than 10 months he is working all pay slips submitted tax is been paid visible in inland revenue. Up to date until now. Everything is upto date.

Redcarpet
Newly Registered

Post by Redcarpet » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:52 am

Hanaababader123 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:15 am
You are not getting my point is its been more than 10 months he is working all pay slips submitted tax is been paid visible in inland revenue. Up to date until now. Everything is upto date.
What's the update? Did he get the visa yet?