ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

EmmJ
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mongolia

Family visa extension

Post by EmmJ » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:29 pm

Dear advisors,
I finished my application for family visa extension today. But a bit confused. Below is the instruction

You must submit your documents within 10 working days of submitting your online application. If you do not do this, your application may be rejected

I thought I can submit my supporting documents when I book the biometrics which can be done latest 23 October. So how do I have to submit documents? Post it? to where?
I could not find any further information. It looks like the UKVI is renewing the application process.
Everyone applying from inside UK only apply online. Is it right?
Please advise me. Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Family visa extension

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:41 pm

You can either scan & upload the supporting at UKVCAS (UKVI' partner) website yourself prior to biometrics appointment or take your documents to them for scanning & uploading who after enrolling your biometrics will electronically forward to UKVI. Read about them here:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

EmmJ
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mongolia

Post by EmmJ » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:46 pm

Thank you for advise seagull.

I understand that I have to upload the documents online but the application require the original passport and BRP to be sent.
As long as I uploaded the supporting documents to the ukvcas I can wait the Biometrics until 23October? The above 10 days rule is only for uploading the documents?

This application process is so complicated to understand.
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:54 pm

EmmJ wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:46 pm
Thank you for advise seagull.

I understand that I have to upload the documents online but the application require the original passport and BRP to be sent.
As long as I uploaded the supporting documents to the ukvcas I can wait the Biometrics until 23October? The above 10 days rule is only for uploading the documents?

This application process is so complicated to understand.
Thanks
Nothing original will be sent and that's the purpose of this new system. I don't think is there any 10 days of deadline rather until the date of your biometrics appointment you can keep continue to upload your documents if you choose to do it yourself.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.