ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ibbi001
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Ibbi001 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Dear zimba
I am the silent member of your forum
I got my tier 1 extention in july 2019
But unfortunately I drive my uncle car and my uncle received a letter from police with date and time that send the driver details who are driving this vehicle because the road speed limit was 30 and I was on 37

My uncle send my name and address but I am bit worried ,because I have already 5 speeding point on my license
Also my uncle car was insured for 3rd party risk
Kindly clarify what will happen with me and does it will effect my ILR
Please reply me
I am really worried
Regards

Member of Standing

Re: ILR - Fixed Penalty Point for speeding

Post by 10020132 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:11 pm

If your licence is within 2 years then crossing 6 points means your licence will be gone and you will have to do it again assuming court does not ban you

Your uncle will be in big trouble because he gave you a car when you didn't have insurance to drive his car as his car is third party only even if you have fully comprehensive. So he will get a fine with 6 points.

Coming to how it affects your immigration, speeding im itself does not affect your ilr. Its how persistently you are making the same mistake.

I myself got my ilr with 12 points on ms90 and I didn't even declare it because it was not criminal conviction

Ibbi001
Newly Registered

Post by Ibbi001 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:41 am

Thanks alot
One thing more if my uncle want to save himself and said I take his key without his knowledge then what will happen
Because he was talking like this but I was not alone there,his daughter in law was also with me and force me to take her self there in Stockport.she gave me the key as well.i understand I made big mistake but
Kindly clarify what is my position
Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:24 am

Speeding and even driving a car without an insurance (even if convicted in court) will not be recorded on your criminal record in most instances. So ILR will not be affected
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ibbi001
Newly Registered

Post by Ibbi001 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:28 am

Dear zimba
If my uncle want to save himself and said I took the key without his knowledge then what is my position
Because his daughter in law force me to drive
I know I done big mistake but now what I do
Please help me

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:36 am

Ibbi001 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:28 am
Dear zimba
If my uncle want to save himself and said I took the key without his knowledge then what is my position
Because his daughter in law force me to drive
I know I done big mistake but now what I do
Please help me
That will be accusation of theft. I suggest to stop imagining hypotheticals
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ibbi001
Newly Registered

Post by Ibbi001 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:55 am

Dear zumba
Actually I am too worried because when they received the letter they called me in their home so my husband suggested them instead of my wife you will give my license details because she is mani applicant and may b later ot will effect our ILR
but his son was no agree so I said ok you give my details but I will issue to uncle also
They said we will say we dont know how she get the key
But in reality her daughter in law force me and handover the key and said please take me there
This car is disable person Car
My uncle need to go majid so my husband drop him and he give the key to his daughter in law
And she gave me
So I am bit confused
Please help

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:40 am

I suggest to see what happens and then seek advice later on. I cannot comment on what you should expect in this fiasco. From the immigration perspective, simply getting points or driving without insurance has NO EFFECT on ILR

ttcg

Post by ttcg » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 am

Let me share my experience here:

I've got a speeding offence 2 years ago for doing 38mph on 30mph.

Since it's the first time, I could chose to attend the Speed Awareness Course instead of 3 points + penalty fee and I chose to attend that course.

Before I applied ILR, I used this https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence to check whether I've got that record in driving history or not.

Since, I don't see any entry for my speeding there, I didn't even bother to mention about it in the ILR Application form or cover letter. My ILR application was approved without any problems.

Good luck.

Ibbi001
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Ibbi001 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:25 pm

Dear zimba and all respected moderator
Kindly inform me that I am currently on tier 1 visa
I will complete my 5 year on jan 2021 but my spouse and kids will complete their 5 year in july 2021
So when I should apply for ILR
FOR EXAMPLE I APPLY WITH MY FAMILY OR ALONE WHEN I COMPLETE MY 5 YEAR

THANKS

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:35 pm

You apply alone when eligible. Your dependants remain under PBS visa until eligible