ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of English language knowledge for UK citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PiDri
Newly Registered
Italy

Proof of English language knowledge for UK citizenship application

Post by PiDri » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:28 pm

I am a EU citizen. I used a TOEFL certificate to apply for a job in the UK in 2009.
I was offered and accepted that job.

I have lived in the UK ever since (10 years) and I have been granted "Indefinite Leave to Remain" through the EU settlement scheme.

Do I still need to pass an approved test to prove my knowledge of the English language or will the TOEFL (that got me a job in this country and was on the accepted list of English language tests until 2014) suffice ?

Thanks if you can help !

Casa

Re: Proof of English language knowledge for UK citizenship application

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:31 pm

PiDri wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:28 pm
I am a EU citizen. I used a TOEFL certificate to apply for a job in the UK in 2009.
I was offered and accepted that job.

I have lived in the UK ever since (10 years) and I have been granted "Indefinite Leave to Remain" through the EU settlement scheme.

Do I still need to pass an approved test to prove my knowledge of the English language or will the TOEFL (that got me a job in this country and was on the accepted list of English language tests until 2014) suffice ?

Thanks if you can help !
You will need B1 level English from a test/test provider on the Home Office approved list + the Life in the UK test.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

PiDri
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by PiDri » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:46 pm

I thought so...thanks for confiming this !

Now I am going to book a language test with IELTS in Oxford but the website asks me to choose between two "versions" of the test: "Academic" or "general training". I suppose I should go for "general training" but it doesn't mention anywhere B1 level or any other level... is that right?

Thank you

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:52 pm

IELTS SELT at B1 level ,