ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about European Family Permit visa!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jacasso
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Question about European Family Permit visa!

Post by Jacasso » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:02 am

Hello
My name is Jacek, I am from Poland and my fiance is from India. Currently I live in England. We have applied for visa like in title European Family Permit . I would like to ask how long we need to wait for decision? . We applied through solicitors and they said up to 3 months but they said as well now they are quite quickly and that can be even 2 months.. But in Google when I checked is around 2-3 weeks?.. And my Indian friend said that she waited around 6 months for same type of visa?.. I'm bit confused now, maybe someone already came not long time and can tell me? I will be really grateful.

Kind regards

Casa

Re: Question about European Family Permit visa!

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:28 am

Your fiancee isn't considered as a family member. Has she applied from outside of the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jacasso
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by Jacasso » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:51 am

Yes she applied in pune. Is it matter something?

Jacasso
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by Jacasso » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:58 am

We applied through solicitors in Birmingham. I already sent her all documents and prove of our relationship. She will submit soon in pune.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:30 am

How long have you been in a relationship?

How did you meet?

Have you lived together at any point in your relationship?

Crucially, have you met in person etc?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jacasso
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by Jacasso » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:53 am

I dont understand this questions. We have all evidence of our relationship, agancy maked for us list and I collected everything. We complete the application form and my the only one question is HOW LONG TAKES WAITING FOR DECISION. It is not because we hurry.....ehh.. My friend has waited more than 3 months when my lawyer from agency said is UP to 3 months but usually is even bit faster. Its a simple question...

Jacasso
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by Jacasso » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:00 am

I get all necessary documents, I'm more than eligible to be a sponsor and of course I have a lot of photos, printed conversations etc.. Which can prove our relationship and yes I have been in India and I'm planning go to India again soon. If that will help.. Anyway those questions are bit rude and suspicious, not even about what I have asked...please answer my question or we can close this subject...

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:17 am

Jacasso wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:00 am
I get all necessary documents, I'm more than eligible to be a sponsor and of course I have a lot of photos, printed conversations etc.. Which can prove our relationship and yes I have been in India and I'm planning go to India again soon. If that will help.. Anyway those questions are bit rude and suspicious, not even about what I have asked...please answer my question or we can close this subject...
Hello

Don't take it bad. But when it comes to immigration, the burden of proof about the relationship is on you.

Your relationship is presumed not genuine unless you manage to prove otherwise. So please, don't get offended about these questions. People here are just trying to avoid you a letter of refusal from some casewoker claiming that he is not satisfied that your relationship is genuine or lasting.

Any honest person can be offended indeed. But you have to learn how to face these questions and provide arguments.

Couples with kids together have been already questioned about their relationship if it is genuine or not.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:21 am

Jacasso wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:00 am
Anyway those questions are bit rude and suspicious, not even about what I have asked...please answer my question or we can close this subject...
As mentioned above, your fiance is not considered your family member. After marriage, s/he will be, but not before then.

Their application could also be judged against the requirements of an unmarried partner, which requires being in a relationship akin to marriage (with joint bills, bank accounts, etc) for at least two years.

That is why the "rude and suspicious" questions. We are trying to help you assess the application like the Home Office would and they would look into how long you have known your fiance, etc.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Jacasso
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by Jacasso » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:32 am

I understand everything. But I've done everything about my visa application. I just would like to know, how long they making decision.. Refused or granted ... I have only this one question.. They can call me or contact with my fiance and have some questions.. I know everything and I'm not scared, we not pretending if they think in that way. As well I not feel offend but all replies are not about my question. When I wrote that everything is almost done.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:08 pm

No one can predict how long it will take to receive a decision, but as your fiancee doesn't qualify for the EEA Family Permit you have applied for, the outcome isn't likely to be positive. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Abhiviza
Newly Registered
India

Post by Abhiviza » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:46 am

Jacasso wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:02 am
Hello
My name is Jacek, I am from Poland and my fiance is from India. Currently I live in England. We have applied for visa like in title European Family Permit . I would like to ask how long we need to wait for decision? . We applied through solicitors and they said up to 3 months but they said as well now they are quite quickly and that can be even 2 months.. But in Google when I checked is around 2-3 weeks?.. And my Indian friend said that she waited around 6 months for same type of visa?.. I'm bit confused now, maybe someone already came not long time and can tell me? I will be really grateful.

Kind regards
You need to provide proofs for your relationship as what I predict you haven't been married till date. This can raise the skepticism to the immigration officer. Moreover, if your fiance's application is rejected, sorry to say it won't fetch good results for you either.