ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renouncing British citizenship question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cobra1980
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Cobra1980 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Hi! I’m from Congo. I was granted Refugee status/ ILR and British Citizenship and my spouse is EU citizen, living together almost 7 years, As I know she can apply for British citizenship but if possible I can apply for EU citizenship. Please can I request home office to delete my previous data as I was Refugee in the UK and my spouse don’t like it, if not can I renounce and give up my UK citizenship and reapply for spouse visa/ discretionary leave or Indefinite leave to remain to stay on different route so my UK immigration history will be change and after 5 years living in the UK I will reapply for citizenship. Thanks .

World Traveller
Newly Registered

Post by World Traveller » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:29 pm

Cobra1980 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:52 pm
Hi! I’m from Congo. I was granted Refugee status/ ILR and British Citizenship and my spouse is EU citizen, living together almost 7 years, As I know she can apply for British citizenship but if possible I can apply for EU citizenship. Please can I request home office to delete my previous data as I was Refugee in the UK and my spouse don’t like it, if not can I renounce and give up my UK citizenship and reapply for spouse visa/ discretionary leave or Indefinite leave to remain to stay on different route so my UK immigration history will be change and after 5 years living in the UK I will reapply for citizenship. Thanks .
That sounds very confusing to me. If I understood well you’re already a British Citizen and somehow want to renounce your citizenship to then reapply at some point in the future?

Cobra1980
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Cobra1980 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:34 am

Please I would like to inquire if I renounce my british citizenship what will be my status in the UK after that. Thanks

World Traveller
Newly Registered

Re: Renouncing British citizenship question

Post by World Traveller » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:39 am

Cobra1980 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:34 am
Please I would like to inquire if I renounce my british citizenship what will be my status in the UK after that. Thanks
https://www.gov.uk/renounce-british-nationality

You may find this useful too:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/97cg9- ... nship.html

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Please can I request home office to delete my previous data as I was Refugee in the UK and my spouse don’t like it
huh ?! :lol:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:55 pm

History is a record of the incidents that have occured in your life. It does not depend on your citizenship. It will always remain on record.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:02 pm

Perhaps if you join the secret service..

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:36 pm

aman90 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:02 pm
Perhaps if you join the secret service..
:lol: :lol:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice