ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed - financial requirement for Set(M)!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eaharpe1
Newly Registered
United States of America

Online app gives no option to provide partner's financial info

Post by eaharpe1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:11 pm

Hi all,

I'm applying for ILR using the Set(M) application form, having spent 5 years on a FLR(M) visa. I am married to my partner who is a British citizen; we have been married over the course of the 5 years. I have lived in the UK for a total of 8 years (previously on a student visa).

In filling out the application online, I have come to the financial section. For some reason, it does not provide me with the option of selecting my partner as the source of income; the only option is to select myself. Does anyone know how to get over this hurdle? I am sure there must be a way, as there will be many people who will be, e.g., non-working mothers and therefore relying upon their partner for the sole source of income. I cannot choose not to 'tick' any boxes relating to myself; it is forcing me to select something.

By way of background, I am currently self-employed and make over the financial limit but it will be extremely onerous for me to get all of the documentation together, especially as I am in the first year of this role. My husband, on the other hand, has received a salary in the same position over the last 3 years. I would very much prefer to rely on his income if at all possible!

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

eaharpe1
Newly Registered
United States of America

Help needed - financial requirement for Set(M)!!

Post by eaharpe1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi all,

I have just spoken to the UKVI immigration hotline and they advised me that I will not be able to rely upon my partner's income in my Set(M) application for ILR, as he will no longer act as my sponsor once I apply for ILR. This doesn't make any sense, as the application states that I should select "all types of income you will rely on from yourself, your partner or any over 18 applying children". Appendix FM1.7 also states at 4.1.1. "Where the applicant has to meet the minimum income threshold, the financial requirement
can generally be met in the following five ways:
• Income from salaried or non-salaried employment of the partner (and/or the
applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work)."

Can anyone help?? The application form will not allow me to select my husband's name but this is the first time I have ever heard that I will not be able to rely upon his income as proof of the financial threshold being met. I cannot understand how this must be right; if I were taking a break from work to have kids, for instance, I can't imagine this would bar me from applying for ILR??

Very grateful for any advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help needed - financial requirement for Set(M)!!

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:23 pm

The call centre is outsourced to a third party agent who frequently give out wrong information.

If you have put you work in the form, it will ask your details. Note that we do NOT all have sight of the online forms and options.

Only ONE partner needs to meet the income requirement and declare it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eaharpe1
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by eaharpe1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:30 pm

Thank you for the swift reply. There seems to be a technical glitch in the application, in that the only option I have is to select myself to provide proof of income; it does not give me an option to select my partner.

I will work this out but I am very grateful to you as I was readily reaching panic mode!

Many thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:32 pm

Many have done their applications recently and no one has posted about having this problem, which is why I asked if you put anywhere about your job or ticked something somewhere etc.

Have you tried to put zero about your income to progress and see what the next screen says?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sud_9211
Newly Registered

Post by sud_9211 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi - I am facing the same problem whilst doing the SET (M) application. It only allows me to select the applicant for financial information and does not allow me to select the partner.

I tried putting 0, and it says the amount should be greater than 0. If I put 1, it takes me to next page where it asks employer details.

Is this a recent system glitch. Who can help!

Bees_Matter
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Bees_Matter » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:48 pm

We are having the exact same problem for ILR (Set M) and have been trying since Friday. There is no way we can add my husband's bank account details, it only allows my details to be shown. We are now in contact with tech support at UKVI and are currently awaiting their reply of what the issue is. If you need to contact them the email address is - applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gov.uk

eaharpe1
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by eaharpe1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:50 pm

I'm glad to know it isn't just me! Putting in '0' didn't work for me either. I have just sent an email to the technical department. Hopefully the glitch will be fixed soon. Thanks to all for the assistance.

sud_9211
Newly Registered

Post by sud_9211 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:54 pm

Thankyou for your note. Hope they get this fixed soon. Can you please update in the forum as soon this is fixed for you. I am sure there are others like us who are facing the same issue. In the meantime, I will also send an email to the technical team. If more of us are asking, it may expedite this.

Bees_Matter
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Bees_Matter » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:00 pm

Yes as soon as we hear anything we will post it on here. Today they replied to our original enquiry and we've replied to that with the details they requested so hopefully should hear something positive tomorrow.

Mel Klevis
Newly Registered

Post by Mel Klevis » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:09 pm

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem! I hope this will get fixed soon!

Bees_Matter
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Bees_Matter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:51 am

It seems to have been fixed for us now, we can now add my husband's bank account details. We've heard nothing back from the tech dept though yet.

Bees_Matter
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Bees_Matter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:37 pm

Just to confirm the online application is now working correctly (for us anyway) and we have just submitted my application and appointment booked. Hope it's okay for all of you too...good luck!!

sud_9211
Newly Registered

Post by sud_9211 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:58 pm

Its working for me as well. Glad it is resolved. Thankyou all!

This forum is great!!