ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen, I have a partner for 10 yrs and a son with her but we did not married. Can I bring them here in UK from

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Spolarium27
Newly Registered

British citizen plan to work in EU country, is there any problem if I'm getting my son to come in UK from Philippines?

Post by Spolarium27 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:06 pm

I have a job offer to work in France permanently, I just got my British citizen last year, but I'm planning to bring my son here for good and my partner? Is it possible to bring them here eventhough Im working outside UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizen plan to work in EU country, is there any problem if I'm getting my son to come in UK from Philippine

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:08 pm

You need to be present and settled in the UK for them to be here. Their right to reside is wholly determined on this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Spolarium27
Newly Registered

Re: British citizen plan to work in EU country, is there any problem if I'm getting my son to come in UK from Philippine

Post by Spolarium27 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:10 pm

What if there already here? Then after few months can I leave them to work abroad and just visit them once a month?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:11 pm

The key word is "present and settled" and at each stage of the visa process, you have to prove the financial requirement and cohabitation evidence etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Spolarium27 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:06 pm
I have a job offer to work in France permanently,
Why not you use French own immigration rules and sponsor them there while also try to ask the authorities there that whether can you still exercise treaty rights under EU rules (any transitional policy) to call your family there despite UK is leaving EU very soon.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Spolarium27
Newly Registered

British Citizen, I have a partner for 10 yrs and a son with her but we did not married. Can I bring them here in UK from

Post by Spolarium27 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:01 pm

I'm just got my British Citizen last year, I have a partner and a son from Philippines. How can I bring them here in UK eventhough were not married? Thanks

secret.simon

Re: British Citizen, I have a partner for 10 yrs and a son with her but we did not married. Can I bring them here in UK

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:13 am

Please keep all your questions on UK Immigration for your family in this thread.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: British Citizen, I have a partner for 10 yrs and a son with her but we did not married. Can I bring them here in UK

Post by physicskate » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:04 pm

Spolarium27 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:01 pm
I'm just got my British Citizen last year, I have a partner and a son from Philippines. How can I bring them here in UK eventhough were not married? Thanks
Have you been living with them for the duration of the last two years in a relationship 'akin to marriage' ie, shared financial responsibilities?

Spolarium27
Newly Registered

Post by Spolarium27 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:41 pm

I normally go home every year to spend my holiday. The longest that Ive lived with them when my son was born until he reached 3 yrs of age then I started working abroad. I'm sending them money mothly for the last 7 yrs.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:56 pm

Your partner won't qualify for unmarried partner visa then. 2 years living together in a relationship akin to marriage is mandatory for UK immigration as unmarried partner.
Char (CR001 not Casa)