ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit application query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kupuser
Ireland

Work permit form - employer contact person

Post by kupuser » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:42 pm

Hi

I filled in the critical skills work permit application form and in part one disclosed the contact details of relevant HR person who can deal with any queries arising from this application.

But when it comes to signing the form can my manager sign it on behalf of the company (the person making the employment offer) rather than the HR person or does it have to be the same contact person?

Thanks

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Re: Work permit form - employer contact person

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:47 am

@kupuser : In some Mid-Level companies one person can hold multiple positions, so if that's the case your manager can sign the letter.

but it looks strange Manager is offering work permit without informing HR, the company where I work here Manage inform the HR that I need that employee and rest of all things HR do..

I remember you have applied Section 3 application, may I ask you what happened to your Section 3 application?

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:10 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:47 am
@kupuser : In some Mid-Level companies one person can hold multiple positions, so if that's the case your manager can sign the letter.

but it looks strange Manager is offering work permit without informing HR, the company where I work here Manage inform the HR that I need that employee and rest of all things HR do..

I remember you have applied Section 3 application, may I ask you what happened to your Section 3 application?
Thanks for answering. I will explain the reason of my confusion in detail;

Basically the HR business partner allotted to my department told me to contact a dedicated work permit expert of the company to facilitate me for this so I had put his name in "Part 1-Company details" of the form as he had provided most of the company info required. But when it came to signing the page he said that he wouldn't be the right person to sign as he didn't know details of my role and qualification and he told me my manager, along with my HR business partner will be able to sign. I was confused at this because the form had been filled and the sign page included the statement "the Foreign National, as stated in Part 2 of the application form, will be employed, salaried and paid under an employment contract governed by the laws of the State by me, the Person who has made the offer of employment, as stated in Part 1 of the application form."

So it seemed only the person mentioned in Part 1 of the form could sign but everyone kept telling me anyone can sign as long as they have the authority to do so.

As for my section 3, INIS gave me stamp 1 for 6 months with a condition that I secure a work permit before the expiry of this permission.

kupuser
Ireland

Work permit application query

Post by kupuser » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi,

I held Stamp4EU FAM previously and secured an employment and kept working after the permission was revoked and I had kept the minister of justice informed of this all the time and INIS gave me the temporary permission stamp 1 to apply for a work permit and said I am entitled to work while waiting for the work permit.

In the permit application there is a direct question asking if I have been in Ireland on a previous occasion without permission to which I clicked "yes" as I had been without permission from revocation of my stamp4EUFAM till getting the stamp 1 which took a few years.

The same company I have been employed with has co-operated in applying for the critical skills permit and in the form I have not kept anything from DBEI and gave them full history of my permissions and employment. Does anyone know if I can be penalized by DBEI in my application as I have been working without permission in the past?

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:44 pm

kupuser wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:10 pm
finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:47 am

Thanks for answering. I will explain the reason of my confusion in detail;

Basically the HR business partner allotted to my department told me to contact a dedicated work permit expert of the company to facilitate me for this so I had put his name in "Part 1-Company details" of the form as he had provided most of the company info required. But when it came to signing the page he said that he wouldn't be the right person to sign as he didn't know details of my role and qualification and he told me my manager, along with my HR business partner will be able to sign. I was confused at this because the form had been filled and the sign page included the statement "the Foreign National, as stated in Part 2 of the application form, will be employed, salaried and paid under an employment contract governed by the laws of the State by me, the Person who has made the offer of employment, as stated in Part 1 of the application form."

So it seemed only the person mentioned in Part 1 of the form could sign but everyone kept telling me anyone can sign as long as they have the authority to do so.

As for my section 3, INIS gave me stamp 1 for 6 months with a condition that I secure a work permit before the expiry of this permission.
the Person who has made the offer of employment, In your case I believe there will be company company point of contact, normally its HR.. isit tech company who offer you??

I can tell you the process of tech company where I work, its US based investment firm and trusted partner and here in Ireland from 23 years, when they have to apply someone's work permit manager interview and gave update to HR.. then HR contact to our external immigration partners F***go.. they take all the details from HR, all the paper works and everything.. once its approved they contact back to HR and HR forward to new hire person.. in all this process department never reach to Manager..

As for my section 3, INIS gave me stamp 1 for 6 months with a condition that I secure a work permit before the expiry of this permission. may I ask who much time they take to grant you stamp 1 ??

Mark_ir
Ireland

Post by Mark_ir » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:19 pm

I am really surprised they just only gave you stamp-1 for 6 month with conditional from your section-3 application. Most of the time they give stamp-4 as you here for long period of time.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:37 pm

@finalversion_2k;

The main confusion is that I have given the HR person's name in the "contact person for queries" while the form has been signed by manager at the direction of HR person. I think it should have been one person and not two... although I asked a solicitor and they said that is no issue.

As for the time it was 2 years from when I received notice and 1 year 4 months from my initial submissions to INIS.

@Mark;
Yes... everyone I talk to about this say the same. I know 3 people who either got stamp 4 for 1 & 3 years and at least stamp 1 for 1 year without any permit condition. But I am still happy at least I have a chance. Although I fear DBEI might refuse my application saying I was working in state without permission...