ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elderly Dependant Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chat2saqib
Newly Registered

Elderly Dependant Visa

Post by chat2saqib » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:24 pm

Hi,

I'd like to bring my parents to the UK on a permanent basis even if they are not entitled to public funds. My father is over 65 and mother nearly 62.

I came across the following pages:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... t-relative
and
Third party weblink removed.

Which says:

This visa exists for individuals who are present and settled in the UK to bring their elderly dependent relative (parent or grandparent), in certain circumstances, to join them in the UK.

Elderly Dependent Requirements
  • The elderly dependent is a parent or grandparent;
  • The elderly dependent is wholly financially or mainly dependent on the relative present and settled in the UK and has no other relatives; in their home country with the ability to provide adequate support;
  • If widowed/made widower the elderly dependent is 65 years of age or older;
  • If traveling as a couple one of the elderly dependents is 65 or older;
  • The relative present and settled in the UK must be able to support and accommodate their elderly dependent without recourse to public funds.
Is that really simple as stated on the above links? I regularly send money to my parent as well, have all the documents. What other documents do I need to apply for to apply visa for my parents under this category?

Please if one of you could explain, would be highly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Elderly Dependant Visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:51 pm

It is anything but a 'simple' visa to get. It has a 99% refusal rate which then also shuts the door to any future visitor visas.

Read the links below for more information on what has to be proved.

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... 87771.html

immigration-for-family-members/older-de ... 42420.html

Nothing has changed since you asked a similar question in 2013.

immigration-for-family-members/how-to-a ... ml#p778895
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:34 am

chat2saqib wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:24 pm
This visa exists for individuals who are present and settled in the UK to bring their elderly dependent relative (parent or grandparent), in certain circumstances, to join them in the UK.

Elderly Dependent Requirements

The elderly dependent is a parent or grandparent;

The elderly dependent is wholly financially or mainly dependent on the relative present and settled in the UK and has no other relatives; in their home country with the ability to provide adequate support;

If widowed/made widower the elderly dependent is 65 years of age or older;

If traveling as a couple one of the elderly dependents is 65 or older;

The relative present and settled in the UK must be able to support and accommodate their elderly dependent without recourse to public funds.
These are the old pre-2012 requirements.

The current requirements are listed in the first link that you posted.
Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules wrote:E-ECDR.2.4. The applicant or, if the applicant and their partner are the sponsor’s parents or grandparents, the applicant’s partner, must as a result of age, illness or disability require long-term personal care to perform everyday tasks.

E-ECDR.2.5. The applicant or, if the applicant and their partner are the sponsor’s parents or grandparents, the applicant’s partner, must be unable, even with the practical and financial help of the sponsor, to obtain the required level of care in the country where they are living, because-

(a) it is not available and there is no person in that country who can reasonably provide it; or
(b) it is not affordable.
So the applicant (your parents) must prove they need assistance with everyday personal care, such as bathing and washing, and that that care is unaffordable in their home country. Very few people meet this latter requirement as care is cheaper in most countries around the world. The success rate for this type of visa is 6% according to government statistics.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:20 pm

At latest I think the following person seems like have fallen under that tinous success rate.

general-uk-immigration-forum/adult-depe ... l#p1818545
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.