ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage in Morocco

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

labak
Newly Registered
Mood:

Marriage in Morocco

Post by labak » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:12 pm

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I am a British citizen and I was arranged married in Pakistan which is not going well. However, I am not able to divorce her as it is very bad for her family status and would be a big trouble. So, I am thinking to keep her as my wife in Pakistan but marry elsewhere as polygamy is allowed in Pakistan. So, I started to look for a new partner and found someone in Morocco. Now I am planning to marry her. Is it ok for me to proceed as polygamy allowed in Pakistan and also would be ok with UK law as UK law support other jurisdiction's law of polygamy as long as it is not conducted in the UK or broken law in the UK itself.
Any help is much appreciated!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Marriage in Morocco

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:18 pm

UKVI wont acknowledge any marriage where both are not legally divorced. I must admit that a sharp and big rise emerging in marrying with Moroccan girls and i wish to everyone all the best.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

labak
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by labak » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:37 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:18 pm
UKVI wont acknowledge any marriage where both are not legally divorced. I must admit that a sharp and big rise emerging in marrying with Moroccan girls and i wish to everyone all the best.
Cheers of your comment. Some facts would have been handy rather just the comment. I also do not get the point of rise in marriage in Morocco.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:44 pm

Keep in mind that you will be only able to sponsor one wife as a spouse for UK immigration purposes. The other spouse can join you if she comes to the UK on some other (non-spousal) visa, such as work or student visa.

Children born to both spouses will be British citizens by descent if born abroad (assuming that you were either born in the UK or naturalised here).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

labak
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by labak » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:11 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:44 pm
Keep in mind that you will be only able to sponsor one wife as a spouse for UK immigration purposes. The other spouse can join you if she comes to the UK on some other (non-spousal) visa, such as work or student visa.

Children born to both spouses will be British citizens by descent if born abroad (assuming that you were either born in the UK or naturalised here).
Cheers mate, your valuable input in much appreciated.
Yes, I do have it in my mind and I am ok with it as I just can’t divorce my wife is Pakistan or I won’t have any relationship.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:43 pm

Are you aware that under the Moroccan Moudawana (family law) in order to marry, you will need the permission of your first wife. The law was changed in 2004 to give protections and equal rights to women.

Is the woman you intend to marry in Morocco aware that you have a wife in Pakistan :?:

https://www.google.com/search?q=moudawa ... e&ie=UTF-8
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

labak
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by labak » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:08 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:43 pm
Are you aware that under the Moroccan Moudawana (family law) in order to marry, you will need the permission of your first wife. The law was changed in 2004 to give protections and equal rights to women.

Is the woman you intend to marry in Morocco aware that you have a wife in Pakistan :?:

https://www.google.com/search?q=moudawa ... e&ie=UTF-8
Yes, both are aware.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:16 pm

While you're here, would you care to respond to the post in the thread below?

general-uk-immigration-forum/marital-st ... l#p1820758
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

labak
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by labak » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:21 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:16 pm

I don't know what to respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:27 pm

labak wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:21 pm
Casa wrote:

Which of your 4 user names you want to keep, with the remaining 3 deactivated :idea: :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

labak
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by labak » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:32 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:27 pm
labak wrote:
Casa wrote:

Which of your 4 user names you want to keep, with the remaining 3 deactivated :idea: :?:
Keep me and deactivate others :wink:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:34 pm

labak wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:32 pm
Casa wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:27 pm
labak wrote:
Casa wrote:

Keep me and deactivate others :wink:
Suggest you also familiarise yourself with all the forum rules, handy link below, as you were required to do when joining the forum.

announcements/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.