ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rashiadnan
Pakistan

Right to work query

Post by Rashiadnan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:17 pm

Hi,

I have already applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur based ILR for me and my family.

I have been checking the right to work status and realized that on my spouse's right to work shows that she can work till 4th September 2019. Currently she is working part time for my company but can she continue to work for me and be on the payroll or she has to stop working from tomorrow?

Thank you

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Right to work query

Post by talreh20 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:25 pm

She can continue to work for you as she will be covered under Section 3C and her old visa conditions continue to apply until you get a decision on her's application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Rashiadnan wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:17 pm
Hi,

I have been checking the right to work status and realized that on my spouse's right to work shows that she can work till 4th September 2019. Currently she is working part time for my company but can she continue to work for me and be on the payroll or she has to stop working from tomorrow?

Thank you
4th September will be the expiry of the current leave to remain?

As already suggested by the previous user, yes she is covered by Section 3C till a decision is made on her application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Rashiadnan
Pakistan

Post by Rashiadnan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:35 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:25 pm
She can continue to work for you as she will be covered under Section 3C and her old visa conditions continue to apply until you get a decision on her's application.
Thank you!!

Rashiadnan
Pakistan

Post by Rashiadnan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:38 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:33 pm
Rashiadnan wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:17 pm
Hi,

Thank you
4th September will be the expiry of the current leave to remain?

As already suggested by the previous user, yes she is covered by Section 3C till a decision is made on her application.
Yes, 4th September will be the expiry of current leave to remain (Tier 1 dependent extension visa)

Thank you! She will continue working for me and be on payroll then.

Thank you for all your guidance and help!

Rashiadnan
Pakistan

Post by Rashiadnan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:36 pm

Hello,

I have been checking online work status on the right to work website but our BRP got expired this month and since then it says that

Your BRP is not valid
This might be because it has:

expired
been reported lost or stolen

Everyone else here has been checking their status on this website till the result of their application but I am really worried.

Please let me know if this is normal or something to worry about.

Thanks

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Its perfectly normal. Don't panic. This is how the system is. Once the BRP expires, you'll get this message.

You have made in time application for all of you. She can continue to work for your company. Stop worrying and stop overthinking.

I have also applied for my wife's visa and her BRP expired in July 2019. We haven't heard back from Home office yet but I have continued to employee her in my company as she is covered under section 3c as I applied for her visa before the expiry of the visa. So don't worry.