ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Application sent back.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

praksgupta
Newly Registered

HSMP Application sent back.

Post by praksgupta » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:50 pm

I made the application for HSMP when I was in India. Since my friend was travelling to UK, I thought it would be safer for me to send the documents through him and get the same posted with in UK, rather posting it from India.

Now I have received a letter and my documents stating that they will not be able to consider my application as the same was posted with in UK.

What do I do?

arunkumarprs

Re: HSMP Application sent back.

Post by arunkumarprs » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:10 pm

praksgupta wrote:I made the application for HSMP when I was in India. Since my friend was travelling to UK, I thought it would be safer for me to send the documents through him and get the same posted with in UK, rather posting it from India.

Now I have received a letter and my documents stating that they will not be able to consider my application as the same was posted with in UK.

What do I do?
When did you apply?

First of all, there is no more HSMP... you should apply for Tier1...

Second thing is if your applying for Tier 1, you need to apply to VFS office in India and not to UK...

It looks like you did't read through any of latest documents related to HSMP or Tier 1....
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

thaman

Re: HSMP Application sent back.

Post by thaman » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:04 pm

praksgupta wrote:I made the application for HSMP when I was in India. Since my friend was travelling to UK, I thought it would be safer for me to send the documents through him and get the same posted with in UK, rather posting it from India.

What do I do?
when u apply from UK (posted) that becomes in country application and since u r based in India ur not allowed or eligible for in country application. Also the proceessing time in India is far less than that in the UK....so u r better applying from VFS India.

praksgupta
Newly Registered

Post by praksgupta » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:47 am

I applied for HSMP on 13 March. Instead of posting my documents from India I sent the documents through my friend and he posted from UK is this a mistake?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:36 pm

praksgupta wrote:I applied for HSMP on 13 March. Instead of posting my documents from India I sent the documents through my friend and he posted from UK is this a mistake?
Not many would have done such a thing, and even fewer would have posted their experiences on the forum. So difficult to substantiate whether the method you followed was do-able or not!

Moreover, it is not that easy to provide a definite answer without knowing some details - what did you mention as current address in the application - India or UK? If you mentioned UK, then yes you made a mistake. What did you mention as to where you were applying from - within UK or outside UK? If you said within UK, then yes you made a mistake.

Anyhow, since the HSMP scheme is now closed there is not much you can do! If the application fee wasn't deducted then the only loss to you has been the time you have had to wait, nothing more! I suggest you now concentrate on applying for Tier 1 (General) scheme.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!