ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting For 60 days Curtailment letter

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faysal_cu
Bangladesh

Waiting For 60 days Curtailment letter

Post by faysal_cu » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:25 am

Hi, hope everyone doing well. i really need help guys if you know about this.

I am an international PHD student. i did complete my first year but unfortunately I had to interup of my study for 6 month. so my university withdraw my sponsorship and issued me a letter while they mention that i will get a new visa date letter from home office (which called 60 days).

its now more than 2 months and i am still waiting for this letter. recently i did contact with my university to find out whether did they received any letter from home office or not. they havn't butat the same time ican't remember which address did i provide while i made application back 2018.

so is there any option i can find out the address home office have on my profile. because i m very worried whether m i running out of time?
thanks and kind regards

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Waiting For 60 days Curtailment letter

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:51 pm

Hello

The sponsor has to inform the Home Office as it's part of their duties of a sponsor if they want to keep their license.

Once they do, the letter will be sent to you but that can take months. The 60 days start from the date stated in the letter.

If the Home Office has a wrong address, you won't get the letter but still these 60 days are counting. You can potentially find yourself illegal in the country without never having seen that letter.

Check this out:
https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk

faysal_cu
Bangladesh

Post by faysal_cu » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Dear, thanks for the reply.

University already update and inform the homeoffice about this. Thanks for the link and i already knew about this link but problem is when i try to update my new address its ask me my old address but unfortunetly i did forget about which old address i did use when made an tier 4 visa application. Is there any way i can find out my old address which i provide in the visa application form. As its now more than 60 days its make me very worried and tenced.
Thanks again

DreamerInDarkness
Taiwan

Post by DreamerInDarkness » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:15 pm

Check the right to work website, if your leave is curtailed then it will tell you so:

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

faysal_cu
Bangladesh

Post by faysal_cu » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:25 am

DreamerInDarkness wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:15 pm
Check the right to work website, if your leave is curtailed then it will tell you so:

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
Thanks, i chq the links and still i have right to work. My question is when university send me my course withdrawl letter they told me to stop working but this link still allow me to work. Although i stooped work but just to make sure do i allow to work until home office told me not to?.
Thanks and kind regards

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:16 am

No, you should not be working.

See UKCISA's information about this:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-6645 > Leaving your course before completion or taking a break

The Tier 4 policy guidance says that "If you stop studying before completing your course, you will no longer be entitled to work and will be in breach of your conditions of leave if found working". However, the Home Office publication, An employer's guide to right to work checks states that you may continue working until the new end date of your curtailed Tier 4 leave. We have asked the Home Office which guidance is correct. Until we receive an answer and the two sets of guidance say the same thing, you should not work if you have not completed your course, unless the Home Office has confirmed to your prospective employer that you will not be in breach of your conditions.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

James45
Newly Registered
India

Post by James45 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:08 am

You don't have an option to do anything You just have to do what they are saying.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:19 am

What I can recommend at this stage is to go home in order to reset the situation and avoid committing any immigration offense in the UK.

You came in to study on a Tier 4 but you are not studying. Your curtailment letter would be sent at one point but you won't get it as the Home Office has the wrong address for you and you don't know what address you gave them.

As you stopped your studies, you don't have the right to work.

So realistically, there is no point dragging this situation as you are just running the risk of breaching your immigration status and compromising any future plans in the UK (including visitor visa!).

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:27 am

I read your other posts and I realize that the situation is really messy. Already...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:07 am

faysal_cu wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:25 am

I am an international PHD student. i did complete my first year but unfortunately I had to interup of my study for 6 month. so my university withdraw my sponsorship and issued me a letter while they mention that i will get a new visa date letter from home office (which called 60 days).

its now more than 2 months and i am still waiting for this letter. recently i did contact with my university to find out whether did they received any letter from home office or not. they havn't butat the same time ican't remember which address did i provide while i made application back 2018.

so is there any option i can find out the address home office have on my profile. because i m very worried whether m i running out of time?
thanks and kind regards
How is your question about Tier 4 curtailment relevant if you have apparently been granted ILR on 28th August???

indefinite-leave-to-remain/long-residen ... l#p1824296
all day was in court but it was a good hearing. finally got the decision 25th July 2019 which was positive.
finally home office grant my ilr 28th august 2019 and send my everything.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

faysal_cu
Bangladesh

Post by faysal_cu » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:27 am
I read your other posts and I realize that the situation is really messy. Already...
thanks. this is the circumstance of my wife which i did post on behalf of her. thanks for your help and info.

faysal_cu
Bangladesh

Post by faysal_cu » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:07 am
faysal_cu wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:25 am

thanks and kind regards
How is your question about Tier 4 curtailment relevant if you have apparently been granted ILR on 28th August???

indefinite-leave-to-remain/long-residen ... l#p1824296
all day was in court but it was a good hearing. finally got the decision 25th July 2019 which was positive.
finally home office grant my ilr 28th august 2019 and send my everything.
Dear moderator,
thanks. this is the circumstance of my wife which i did post on behalf of her. hope i didn't broke any rules by doing this.