ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time between two visas

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mahakhanzada
Newly Registered

Time between two visas

Post by Mahakhanzada » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi, if someone could help with this, I’d be very grateful.
I am in the process of getting my documents together for my ILR application. My immigration history is pretty straight forward but in 2015, I had a student visa which was curtailed because my college got struck off. I left the UK before the visa expired and returned within 60 days on a new student visa. I read the rules said that you should be not outside the country for 180 days in a rolling year. But does leaving on one visa and returning on another cause a break in my time towards ILR?

Mahakhanzada
Newly Registered

Re: Time between two visas

Post by Mahakhanzada » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:26 pm

I’m on the 10 year route, if that makes a difference.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Time between two visas

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:56 pm

There is no "rolling year" allowance for long residence.

It is simply ANY single absence of 180 days or more breaks continuity.

You should be fine if you left the UK before the visa curtailment end date and returned within 180 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.