ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

email says "decided" but no official information...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

meaning of "awaiting a decision" email?

Post by marsupilami » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:50 pm

I wrote to UKVI to enquire about the status of my application ad I received some looking-like standard email:

"With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision"

Does it mean something..or does it mean nothing? Like, I mean, people who get that email, do they usually get the outcome shortly afterwards or could it still take forever (I paid for a priority service)

many thanks for any insight...

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: meaning of "awaiting a decision" email?

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:44 pm

marsupilami wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:50 pm
Does it mean something..or does it mean nothing? Like, I mean, people who get that email, do they usually get the outcome shortly afterwards or could it still take forever (I paid for a priority service)

I does mean nothing, really. It's just an acknowledgement (standard response) about your application is being processed and nothing else.

If you have paid for priority service, it normally takes 6 weeks (from the moment you submitted your biometrics) to get a decision on your application, sometimes it may take up to 8 weeks or even less than 6 weeks.

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Post by marsupilami » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:44 pm
marsupilami wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:50 pm

I does mean nothing, really. It's just an acknowledgement (standard response) about your application is being processed and nothing else.

If you have paid for priority service, it normally takes 6 weeks (from the moment you submitted your biometrics) to get a decision on your application, sometimes it may take up to 8 weeks or even less than 6 weeks.

Oh I see.. thanks Jaune08...but at least it means it has indeed started to be processed, so it's not an entirely bad news. I'd had been worried if it was still queuing...

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:02 pm

marsupilami wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:00 pm
Oh I see.. thanks Jaune08...but at least it means it has indeed started to be processed, so it's not an entirely bad news. I'd had been worried if it was still queuing...
No worries! When did you submit your application? And when have you got that email? :)

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Post by marsupilami » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:28 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:02 pm
marsupilami wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:00 pm
No worries! When did you submit your application? And when have you got that email? :)

So the application was submitted on the 6 august (a bit more than a week ago: Tuesday last week). We received an sms notification "you visa application GWF*** was forwared to UKVI" the following day. Then nothing, no email at all. Today I sent a paid email to UKVI explaining that my wife really must be back by September because of the schooling of our kid. Then I received that email...

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:51 pm

I was told by my solicitor that a priority service means that your application will be put at the front of the queue. That’s it. It may be processed quickly, but unfortunately paying for priority does not guarantee 100% you will get a response faster, regardless of your situation. Some members have been claiming and asking if personal circumstances (i.e., spouse giving birth while the partner is abroad) would give a boost to their application to get the decision quicker. But the truth is NOT. Home Office doesn’t care about this circumstances, really. And sending them emails won’t make it faster. Sorry.

Regardless of your personal circumstances, the estimated time to process a priority application is 6 weeks. If you’re super lucky, you even may get a response earlier (in my case, got a response in 5 weeks by priority, while my sister in law paid for priority as well and got a response in 10 weeks. Both for the same type of visa).
marsupilami wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:28 pm
So the application was submitted on the 6 august (a bit more than a week ago: Tuesday last week).
According to that, you would likely get a response starting from September 17th (6 weeks).

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Post by marsupilami » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:51 pm
I was told by my solicitor that a priority service means that your application will be put at the front of the queue. That’s it. It may be processed quickly, but unfortunately paying for priority does not guarantee 100% you will get a response faster, regardless of your situation. Some members have been claiming and asking if personal circumstances (i.e., spouse giving birth while the partner is abroad) would give a boost to their application to get the decision quicker. But the truth is NOT. Home Office doesn’t care about this circumstances, really. And sending them emails won’t make it faster. Sorry.

Regardless of your personal circumstances, the estimated time to process a priority application is 6 weeks. If you’re super lucky, you even may get a response earlier (in my case, got a response in 5 weeks by priority, while my sister in law paid for priority as well and got a response in 10 weeks. Both for the same type of visa).
marsupilami wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:28 pm
So the application was submitted on the 6 august (a bit more than a week ago: Tuesday last week).
According to that, you would likely get a response starting from September 17th (6 weeks).

Oh I see... did you get an email saying "your application is being prepared by an Entry Clearance officer"? Should I expect such a mail at some point?

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:44 pm

marsupilami wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:18 pm
Oh I see... did you get an email saying "your application is being prepared by an Entry Clearance officer"?
Yes, I’ve paid for priority service and I have received that email three weeks after I submitted my biometrics.
marsupilami wrote:
Should I expect such a mail at some point?
Sheffield doesn’t always send that email. I’ve read in some other threads that applicants don’t always get that 1st email. Even though you might expect the email, there’s a chance that you won’t get it.

However, they will always notify you when they have get the final decision.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:07 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:44 pm
marsupilami wrote:
Oh I see... did you get an email saying "your application is being prepared by an Entry Clearance officer"?
Yes, I’ve paid for priority service and I have received that email three weeks after I submitted my biometrics.
marsupilami wrote:
Should I expect such a mail at some point?
Sheffield doesn’t always send that email. I’ve read in some other threads that applicants don’t always get that 1st email. Even though you might expect the email, there’s a chance that you won’t get it.

However, they will always notify you when they have get the final decision.
Hi what is the two emails you receive. I have received being prepared for consideration thanks

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Post by marsupilami » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:07 pm

Hi what is the two emails you receive. I have received being prepared for consideration thanks

Hi Fizzy513, when did you apply? is it a priority or non-priority?

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:14 pm

marsupilami wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:10 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:

Hi thanks for the quick reply. Non priority biometrics 4th July. Docs submitted 9th July. Received preparing for consideration email 12th July. Want to know if I should be expecting anymore emails? I understand they have 12 weeks which is due around end of Sep.

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

Post by marsupilami » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:16 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:14 pm
marsupilami wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:10 pm
Fizzy513 wrote:

Hi thanks for the quick reply. Non priority biometrics 4th July. Docs submitted 9th July. Received preparing for consideration email 12th July. Want to know if I should be expecting anymore emails? I understand they have 12 weeks which is due around end of Sep.

Thanks Fizzy very kind of you to reply so quickly !

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:34 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
The 1st email is the one you've already got. The second email is to inform you they have a decision, and you're more likely to get the letter from VFS centre or wherever you submitted the application.

Fizzy513 wrote:
You should be waiting for the decision email upon your application around 12 weeks after you submitted your biometrics, that means around 26th September.

marsupilami
Mood:
Belgium

email says "decided" but no official information...

Post by marsupilami » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Hello,

I sent a paid email to UKVI Contact center and they replied me the following day saying a decision has been made. This was a few days ago. But we didn't receive any "official" email nor invitation to collect the passport at VFS centre. Any idea of how long it could take to get the information through official channels?