ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ali7770
Pakistan

Naturalisation Application

Post by Ali7770 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:22 pm

Hello guys.
Hope you all doing good.

Next week will be completing my one year of ILR (Entrepreneur 5 year basis).

I am reading this forum as always very helpful. I need help regarding few points in my mind.

In application for naturalisation HO ask for ten years employment history. so i explain you little bit about me.

came to uk November 2009 on student visa. and then PSW in August 2011 and then Entrepreneur visa in June 2013. and then ILR in september 2018.

Job started in Comapny A = May 2010 to June 2013.
After that left the job in June 2013 because got Entreprenuer in june 2013. and than after in 2015 started payroll on my own company and until today taking salary from my own company. and few months back start working as a self-employed part time as well, along with my own company payroll.

so i need your advice regarding what I should mention in Application form, self employed OR Just my company payroll.
I do have all my P60s and P45. Should i need to order anything from HMRC (Employment history) or these documents are enough. And should I need to attach the self Assessment because I am registered as self-employed (Director) from last 6 years.
And second question is that when I got entrepreneur I gave notice to my company for leave the job but they said you must give us four weeks notice before leave the job but still I Stopped working from the date i received my entrepreneur visa and than when my company file the P45 for me they put the date of after one month.

so do you think it can be problem for me that Ho can check that i left the job after one month of got Entrepreneur Visa because on P45 the date of leaving is after one month.

Response will be Appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Naturalisation Application

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:04 am

Self employed status is a tax status and it is not about working for yourself. This is often a big misconception people have. A company director works for himself as he is considered the employee of his own company NOT because he is self employed. If you were on payroll, you were employee of your own company. The P45 leave date will not affect you.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:28 am

Zimba wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:04 am
Self employed status is a tax status and it is not about working for yourself. This is often a big misconception people have. A company director works for himself as he is considered the employee of his own company NOT because he is self employed. If you were on payroll, you were employee of your own company. The P45 leave date will not affect you.
Thanks for your reply Zimba.

I think I was unable to clarify my point. I want to mentioned that I am on my company payroll and as well as working as self-employed somewhere as well.
E.g:
1) Company A (My self Director of comapny A and also on payroll of company A)
2) Company B (I am not director but working as self-employed part time). started five months ago.

1) So should I mentioned in Application form both companies OR Just my business (Company A) is fine ?

2) Secondly you mentioned that leaving date on P45 is fine. so which ending date should I write on Application form, I mean actual leaving date OR P45 date. as they can check with HMRC about my job leaving date.

3) Finally should I need to send my P60,P45, OR self assessment with my Application.

Thanks

Best Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:09 pm

1) So should I mentioned in Application form both companies OR Just my business (Company A) is fine ?
Mention both
2) Secondly you mentioned that leaving date on P45 is fine. so which ending date should I write on Application form, I mean actual leaving date OR P45 date. as they can check with HMRC about my job leaving date.
Date of P45
3) Finally should I need to send my P60,P45, OR self assessment with my Application.
No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Thanks for your Reply Zimba.

can I use my Accountant as Refree. He represented me as an Accountant (Tier 1) from last four to five years almost. He is on ILR. (He is not british.) And he is also the director of pvt ltd company.

Zimba you mentioned that I should write P45 leaving date on AN Form. Don't you think it can be problem if they see that my job leaving date is after one month of Business visa granted. Please clarify.

Thanks

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:36 pm

Yes you can use your accountant as professional referee. No you should not face any issue with P45 date

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Thanks for your Reply Zimba.

can you please also comment on what is Immigration Time Restrictions ?

And what kind of letter HO asking for.

Many Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:33 pm

No Immigration Time Restrictions means that you must have settled status. They need to see your ILR

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:12 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:33 pm
No Immigration Time Restrictions means that you must have settled status. They need to see your ILR
Many Thnaks Zimba.

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Hello guys

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am applying Naturalization in one OR two days.

Can you please help me to find answers for remaining questions. (Tier 1 Basis ILR) (5 years)

And also can you check that anything missing from this list of documents that I have to upload.

1) Passports. (3)
2) MBA Degree. (For English Language)
3) Mr A proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions. (Does it mean My ILR OR something else)
4)Life in the UK Test.
5) Current BRP. (ILR)
6) Proof of living in the UK for Mr A. (What does it mean, what proof they are asking for ?)
7)Two Referee Forms.
8) Evidence of Identity. (What does it mean by identity.) (I am already giving them my passports and BRP,) what else they want to see my identity. And they are saying you must provide Proof of identity, that you used to take Life in the uk test. I used my Driving Licence, so does it mean I should upload my Driving Licence as well.

Do I need any employment documents. e.g: P60, P45 and any employment contracts, OR Self-assessment documents to upload or take with me in my appointment.

And can you please also check that my list of documents are complete and not missing any thing.

Thanks

Kind Regards
Last edited by Ali7770 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Ali7770 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:52 pm
Hello guys

Can you please help me to find answers for remaining questions. (Tier 1 Basis ILR) (5 years)

And also can you check that anything missing from this list of documents that I have to upload.

1) Passports. (3)
3) Mr A proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions. (Does it mean My ILR OR something else) It is the BRP Card
4)Life in the UK Test.
5) Current BRP. (ILR)
6) Proof of living in the UK for Mr A. (What does it mean, what proof they are asking for ?) Passports
7)Two Referee Forms.
8) Evidence of Identity. (What does it mean by identity.) (I am already giving them my passports and BRP,) what else they want to see my identity. And they are saying you must provide Proof of identity, that you used to take Life in the uk test. I used my Driving Licence, so does it mean I should upload my Driving Licence as well. Just Passports.

Do I need any employment documents. e.g: P60, P45 and any employment contracts, OR Self-assessment documents to upload or take with me in my appointment. NO!

And can you please also check that my list of documents are complete and not missing any thing.

Thanks

Kind Regards
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:53 pm
Ali7770 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:52 pm
Hello guys

1) Passports. (3)
3) Mr A proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions. (Does it mean My ILR OR something else) It is the BRP Card
4)Life in the UK Test.
5) Current BRP. (ILR)
6) Proof of living in the UK for Mr A. (What does it mean, what proof they are asking for ?) Passports
7)Two Referee Forms.
8) Evidence of Identity. (What does it mean by identity.) (I am already giving them my passports and BRP,) what else they want to see my identity. And they are saying you must provide Proof of identity, that you used to take Life in the uk test. I used my Driving Licence, so does it mean I should upload my Driving Licence as well. Just Passports.

Do I need any employment documents. e.g: P60, P45 and any employment contracts, OR Self-assessment documents to upload or take with me in my appointment. NO!

Thanks

Kind Regards
Thank you very much Cr001 for your reply.

can you please also confirm that this list of documents are complete OR anything missing.

Regards

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:46 pm

Hello guys.

Hope everyone doing well.

I have one question regarding uploading the documents.

Do I have to upload all pages of all passports. I got three passports. OR just the pages with in/out stamps.

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:30 pm

Ali7770 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:46 pm
Hello guys.

Do I have to upload all pages of all passports. I got three passports. OR just the pages with in/out stamps.

Thanks
Spanning the number of years the application is based on, 5 years or 3.
You can upload all apart from empty pages

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:33 am

aman90 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:30 pm
Ali7770 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:46 pm
Hello guys.

Thanks
Spanning the number of years the application is based on, 5 years or 3.
You can upload all apart from empty pages
Thanks Aman for your reply. Yes I am on 5year (Ent) ILR route.

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:30 pm

Hello guys.

I have one question regarding document uploading.

Do I have to to upload any business document (E.G : Company incorporation certificate, Company tax reference document) Because in application form I mentioned that I am the director/Employee of my company. And I am taking salary from my company as well.

Your response will be appreciated.

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:02 pm

No.

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:36 pm

aman90 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:02 pm
No.
Thanks Aman.

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:55 pm

One more question please.

Do I have to upload the passport copies of Referees as well.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Ali7770 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Regards
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:56 pm
Ali7770 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Regards
No.
Thanks CR001.

Kind Regards