ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worked after claimed asylum

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jaih
Newly Registered

Worked after claimed asylum

Post by Jaih » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:52 pm

Dear members,
I hope someone would help me with my question.

I applied for citizenship in July 2019. I had 5 years refugee visa and 1 year ILR. When the time I applied for political asylum, I had PSW visa and was working full time. At my asylum screening interview, i was issued with an ARC card with work permission so I continued working. After 2 weeks, my asylum application was refused and I appealed immediately and appeal was allowed. All happened within 3months. Will that affect my application as I worked after HO refused my asylum? I didn’t submit my ARC card with my Citizenship application. Will HO have all these records? Shall I my send ARC card now to HO? If so to which address should I send it?

Thanks

London22
Member of Standing

Re: Worked after claimed asylum

Post by London22 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:29 pm

Jaih wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:52 pm
Dear members,
I hope someone would help me with my question.

I applied for citizenship in July 2019. I had 5 years refugee visa and 1 year ILR. When the time I applied for political asylum, I had PSW visa and was working full time. At my asylum screening interview, i was issued with an ARC card with work permission so I continued working. After 2 weeks, my asylum application was refused and I appealed immediately and appeal was allowed. All happened within 3months. Will that affect my application as I worked after HO refused my asylum? I didn’t submit my ARC card with my Citizenship application. Will HO have all these records? Shall I my send ARC card now to HO? If so to which address should I send it?

Thanks
Hello
Your application seems straightforward and I think you will be granted citizenship.But in case they refuse you you can ask for reconsideration where you have the chances as well.If some refugees make a group &take HO to high court on good charater requirement I hope this cruel&non sensical approach would be defeated.But when some refugees would do that is a matter of question.

Jaih
Newly Registered

Re: Worked after claimed asylum

Post by Jaih » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:57 am

Thank you for your reply. I am bit relaxed now. Yes, I will take them to the court if I am refused.