ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Blue UK Residence Documentation - how to update my name

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JohnBishop
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Blue UK Residence Documentation - how to update my name

Post by JohnBishop » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:26 am

Hi All,
I hope you're doing well.
I have a question re my blue UK Residence Documentation for A National of AN EEA State issues in October 2014. This document does not have an expiry date.
As I understand correctly this is valid till end of 2020.
My name has changed end of last year but by the time I got everything sorted and translated it took a while. I just have the UK driving license changed over.
To update this document should I complete the following document and pay £65 for the new application?
eea-_pr_-03-19.pdf

I have called Home Office, but they seem a bit confused or perhaps I was answered by the wrong person.

In worst case scenario I could go for a citizenship application, but I am not convinced to spend over £1600 on this maybe when the fees will drop.
Please advise.
Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Blue UK Residence Documentation - how to update my name

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:53 pm

JohnBishop wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:26 am
Hi All,
I hope you're doing well.
I have a question re my blue UK Residence Documentation for A National of AN EEA State issues in October 2014. This document does not have an expiry date.
As I understand correctly this is valid till end of 2020.
I don't think it has expiry date because its an optional document to apply by an EU national which just confirm at the day of application/decision that you are a qualified person who is exercising his treaty rights.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

JohnBishop
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: Blue UK Residence Documentation - how to update my name

Post by JohnBishop » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Ok, I made another phone call and it looks like there are 2 options here because they no longer issue blue "UK Residence Documentation For a National of An EEA State"
1. sign up to the new scheme
2. apply for citizenship

Because I cannot change name on my existing document to be able to enter UK until end of 2020 I have to carry with me documents to prove name change.