ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ted

Biometrics

Post by Ted » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:51 pm

As part of my Wifes application for Indefinite leave to remain she had too do another bio metric application, this was done months ago yet she has not heard anything since and her bio metric card has expired.

She has not heard any thing at all regarding her ILTR application either.

Should she be worried or is this normal to still be waiting?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bio metrics

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:30 pm

Did she meet the B1 English and liuk requirements as well as the financial requirement?

Did she submit evidence of cohabitation for 2 years prior to submitting?

Did she apply on the correct form, SET M?

Have you moved or double checked the address and email are correct in the online form submission?

Have you contacted your MP to chase HO?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:35 pm

A standard application service turn around is 6 months.
As long as the fees have been debited and not returned, you should be fine.
Acknowledgments are not always sent out.

Ted

Post by Ted » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:26 pm

Thank-you for your replies, Ive just read the letter sent to my wife 26 days ago stating her bio residence permit will be sent to her under separate cover with in 7 days and no longer than 10 days but still waiting after 26 days.

she has reported it online that it has not arrived, but she is now worried that it has been stolen and somebody is using it.
Just seems odd that it has not arrived as we have a secure address and do not share our home with others.

Is it the case that maybe it has not been sent, is this a common occurrence in other cases?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:33 pm

Ted wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:26 pm
Thank-you for your replies, Ive just read the letter sent to my wife 26 days ago stating her bio residence permit will be sent to her under separate cover with in 7 days and no longer than 10 days but still waiting after 26 days.

she has reported it online that it has not arrived, but she is now worried that it has been stolen and somebody is using it.
Just seems odd that it has not arrived as we have a secure address and do not share our home with others.

Is it the case that maybe it has not been sent, is this a common occurrence in other cases?
Search the forum to see that a lot members are still waiting for their BRP cards due to their technical problem. Also ask DX courier whether they holding anything for you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ted

Re: Biometrics

Post by Ted » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:09 pm

Im a bit confused with the letter my wife recieved regarding her bio card.

In the letter it state that they are sending her passport and other docs back and the bio card will be sent in 7 days no longer that 10 days under cover.
It only mentions Biometric residence permit and no mention of leave to remain so Im not even sure if it is just another temporary bio card.
My wife emailed them to find out where the card is and this is the email reply:

Good Morning

Thank you for your enquiry (Email received 11/09/2019) regarding the delivery of the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). This has been passed to the caseworker who should contact you directly.

We advise travel arrangements should not be made until after the BRP has been received.

For further information regarding this query you can also contact the caseworker directly, caseworker’s details can be found on the decision letter.

Please note we are unable to provide you with any further details of the caseworker.

On the letter about the bio card it does not mention anything about a case worker but does have a case ID. it also does not mention the word decision so is the letter regarding the bio metric residence a decision letter at all?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:32 pm

Ted wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:09 pm

It only mentions Biometric residence permit and no mention of leave to remain so Im not even sure if it is just another temporary bio card.
why not check her right of work at below to see what does it say. If no limit then maybe she has been issued with ILR.

https://right-to-work.service.gov.uk/prove/brp-number
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ted

Post by Ted » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:26 pm

My wife got her card yesterday, by post not courier. I have a few questions about the card.

Firstly it is only valid for 5 years, what happens after five years ?

Type of Card: Settlement

Remarks: Indefinite Leave To Remain

Title of card : Residence Permit.

If my wife does not renew after 5 years will she loose the right to have permanent Residence ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:38 pm

She simply renews the BRP card or she applies for British citizenship then the card is no longer needed and is sent back to ho once she is British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ted

Post by Ted » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:25 am

Yes I will advise my wife to apply asap for British Citizenship and end these dealings with border control for good.

On another subject regarding my wife's state pension. My wife has not worked for 5 yrs basically because she has been looking after the children, she hasn't been on any benefits and has not paid any national insurance contributions, so how would she be able to contribute to her pension if she is a stay at home parent?
Is there away for the government to contribute for her on her behalf?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:29 pm

Ted wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:25 am
she hasn't been on any benefits and has not paid any national insurance contributions, so how would she be able to contribute to her pension if she is a stay at home parent?
Is there away for the government to contribute for her on her behalf?

Thanks
https://www.gov.uk/voluntary-national-i ... tributions

Ted

Post by Ted » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:28 am

Thank- you.

Thank-you to everybody who gave there time to help with these issue's.

Kind Regards