ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application with EXPIRED passport - Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tangomango01
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application with EXPIRED passport - Help

Post by tangomango01 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:58 am

Hi All,

I already have ILR but as part of the documents to provide for my naturalisation application i'm asked to provide "Proof of living in the UK". My passport expired in August 2019. But the naturalisation application was submitted in September 2019.

I'm not exactly clear if my expired passport is sufficient proof still or i need to provide any other supporting documents e.g proof of employment.

If proof of employment is required, can i just provide a letter from my current employer where i've been working for the last 4 years or is proof of employment required for the last 10 years?

Your help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Application with EXPIRED passport - Help

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:11 am

Passport is sufficient. You would only need evidence of residence since the date your passport expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tangomango01
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation Application with EXPIRED passport - Help

Post by tangomango01 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:15 am

Thank you CR001 - I appreciate your response.

I'll take my passport and a letter from my current employer just confirming i'm still in employment and that should cover the month gap between expired passport and naturalisation application.

Good luck to anyone else applying!