ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 (General) - Gap in Employment...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

itguy_uk

Tier-1 (General) - Gap in Employment...

Post by itguy_uk » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:30 pm

Hello All,

Greetings..

I'm a Work Permit holder currently in UK and planning to switch to Tier-1 (General). I have few problems due to the gap in my employment.

Please spend few minutes by reading through my employment history.

1. I've resigned from my first company on 12th Sep'07 in india and
Joined with another company in india on 01st Oct'07. Here i'm having an employment gap of 19 days.

2. I worked with the second employer in india for 14 days (From 1st Oct'07 to 14th Oct'07) and then got deputed to UK by the same employer on 15th Oct'07. I got my first 14 days of salary (From 1st Oct'07 to 14th Oct'07) in india.

3. I've started working in UK from 15th Oct 2007. I had initially faced few problems in opening a bank (salary) account in UK hence my company credited the UK salary for the 17 days (From 15th Oct to 31st Oct ) to one of my friends account on my request. Though i have payslips for this 17 days salary, i don't have the bank statement.

4. Starting from Nov'07, i have all the UK payslips and the UK bank statements till date.

It would be of great help if the members can clarify the following queries.

1. Will the employment gap of 19 days create problem while claiming the points for my last 12 consecutive months earnings.

2. Since i don't have the bank statement for my 17 days (From 15th Oct'07 to 31st Oct'07) of UK salary for the month of october, i can only show the payslip which will not be enough to claim points for the earnings as per my understanding. So here comes another gap of 17 days for which i have got the payslip but no bank statements.

3. Can i show the 14 days of indian salary (From 1st Oct'07 to 14th Oct'07) as earnings of the whole october month ?. In this case, my indian payslip cleary says that i have been paid only for 14 days.

Please advise what will be consequences and help me what can be the best way to proceed..

Senior members ...pls help.

Regards,
ITGUY UK

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:21 pm

1. Will the employment gap of 19 days create problem while claiming the points for my last 12 consecutive months earnings.
No. Read paragraph 82 of Tier 1 policy guidance.

For 2 and 3, I understand your dilemma. I have no idea on the stance taken by UKBA on claiming only Indian Salary in Oct 2007.
In the worst case, they might accuse of "trying to hide information" if you dont show the salary for Oct 2007 in uk.
On other hand, if you tell them all details (Oct 2007 sal in friend's account) they might reject your application (saying that no evidence provided/evidence not corroborating).
My final advise would be this: don't hide or change any fact as consequences may be severe.

Would leave for experienced members of forum to comment on workable solutions to your points 2 and 3.

mohan_atr
Newly Registered

Post by mohan_atr » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:26 pm

Thanks CoolestGuyC

Senior and experienced members, pls advise..