ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to ILR Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Raviteja440
Mood:

Tier 2 ICT to ILR Route

Post by Raviteja440 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:33 am

Hi All,

My Husband is currently is finishing 6 Years in UK by Next year. (1 year Tier 2 Ict Short term & 2 + 3 Years Ict Long Term. Is there a settlement route available for him as he is more than 5 Years in UK or does he have to look into 10 year Long route ?

I am his dependent currently, next year i am trying to pursue PG with student visa.
Can he stay as my dependent for 1 yr (After his ICT Visa expires) and return back on Tier 2 ICT to complete 10 years and apply for ILR ? Will there be any cooling off period in this journey ?

Are there any issues with this planning ? please let us know.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to ILR Route

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Is there a settlement route available for him as he is more than 5 Years in UK or does he have to look into 10 year Long route ?
He only has the 10 year ILR option. There is no 5 year route ILR for ICT visa holders and has been the case since April 2010.
I am his dependent currently, next year i am trying to pursue PG with student visa.
Can he stay as my dependent for 1 yr (After his ICT Visa expires) and return back on Tier 2 ICT to complete 10 years and apply for ILR ? Will there be any cooling off period in this journey ?
Yes, if your level of study allows dependents (not all of them do). He would need to be on a dependent visa for 12 months before he applies for another tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.