ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying dependent Tier1 visa from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ness12
Newly Registered

applying dependent Tier1 visa from India

Post by ness12 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:45 pm

Hi,

My husband is in UK on Tier1 visa. I am in India and want to apply for Tier1 dependent visa (from India) and then join him in UK. I saw the latest application forms on UKBA site. In the application form, it is mentioned that all applications should be sent to Durham office in UK. Does that mean that I will have to send my application (along with my passport) to UK?

Doesn't look correct to me. How can I send my passport to UK?

Can anybody point me to the correct dependent visa application form to be submitted from outside UK?

I am sure, I am missing some link.

Please help.

Ness12
Last edited by ness12 on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ghulbhai

hello

Post by ghulbhai » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:01 pm

hello im in the same category as yours... not sure what to do... my wife is the acctual wp holder and we came to the uk recently and am planning to take a tier 1 through switching. I dont know if this is allowed...

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Re: applying dependent Tier1 visa from India

Post by CoolestGuyC » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:25 pm

ness12 wrote:Hi,

My husband is in UK on Tier1 visa. I am in India and want to apply for Tier1 dependent visa (from India) and then join him in UK. I saw the latest application forms on UKBA site. In the application form, it is mentioned that all applications should be sent to Durham office in UK. Does that mean that I will have to send my application (along with my passport) to UK?

Can anybody point me to the correct dependent visa application form to be submitted from outside UK?

Please help.

Ness12
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nt#3909098

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Re: hello

Post by CoolestGuyC » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:26 pm

ghulbhai wrote:hello im in the same category as yours... not sure what to do... my wife is the acctual wp holder and we came to the uk recently and am planning to take a tier 1 through switching. I dont know if this is allowed...
I fail to understand the similarity between your and OP's case. I am also not sure if duplicate posts will help you.

geriatrix

Re: applying dependent Tier1 visa from India

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:11 am

CoolestGuyC wrote:
ness12 wrote:Hi,

Please help.

Ness12
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nt#3909098
Just to add to the above:
1. Reading PBS Dependent guidance notes will be useful.
2. Please note (if you aren't already aware) that you have to apply through your nearest VFS office

There's loads of information available on this forum regarding dependent applications. Use the search tool to look for the same.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tharro
Newly Registered

Post by tharro » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:02 am

Hi

I'm HSMP holder planning to process my Tier 1 visa application in Aug. I'm planning to process for myself and after few months for my dependents to UK. I saw that in this site: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nt#4153211
If my dependents traveling within 12 months I have to deposit 1600 for each dpendents. Guess you/husband can help me to clarify my confusion in applying the EC application.

- Did he mentioned dependents information in application form? (VAF9: Part 5a) If Yes.. what is the traveling date mentioned
- what are the forms we have to fill for Tier 1 general

Kindly help me

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:50 pm

tharro wrote:Hi

I'm HSMP holder planning to process my Tier 1 visa application in Aug. I'm planning to process for myself and after few months for my dependents to UK. I saw that in this site: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nt#4153211
If my dependents traveling within 12 months I have to deposit 1600 for each dpendents. Guess you/husband can help me to clarify my confusion in applying the EC application.

- Did he mentioned dependents information in application form? (VAF9: Part 5a) If Yes.. what is the traveling date mentioned
- what are the forms we have to fill for Tier 1 general

Kindly help me
Please read this and refrain from cluttering the board with multiple duplicate posts

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!