ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No visa and having an Irish baby

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bea2019
Newly Registered
Brazil

No visa and having an Irish baby

Post by Bea2019 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:33 am

Hi all!

I wonder if someone could help me with that as I'm panicking here.
I came to Ireland with a plan of going to Italy to get my citizenship done (my grandfather was italian) and then move to Ireland and start a life here. But in the mean time I had a few complications which made me postpone it for a couple of months, when I had everything ready to go me and my boyfriend (he's Irish) found out we were expecting a baby and as the citizenship process can take up to six months we decided that would be better to wait because if I had any complications during my pregnancy I would be alone and in a country that I don't even speak the language. So here I am now 7 months pregnant and found out that I can't register my baby without having a pps number, which I don't because I only had a tourist visa that has already expired. We can't get married now as well because I don't have a valid visa to stay here and honestly we didn't want to rush into that right now, we know we can apply for the zambrano law after the baby is born but how can I get my baby's birth certificate without the pps? I'm assuming there must be a way because they can't just not let you register your own child and the father is Irish.
Can anyone give me any advice?
Thank you very much ☺️ and sorry for the long text!

Jordans
Ireland

Re: No visa and having an Irish baby

Post by Jordans » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:55 pm

You need to go to a PPS Number Allocation Centre and explain your situation there. You can find the list of offices by county on the welfare website.

netopia
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by netopia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Your babies father is Irish whether you are legal or not your child's birth will be able to be registered and your child will be an Irish citizen.

Once born (presumably in a hospital) the details will go through to the general registers officer and if you do not register the birth this will be an offence. I imagine they people doing this do not care about your circumstances only that the birth is registered,

Bea2019
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Bea2019 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Thank you very much! I'll be looking into that. Not sure about the pps (which I was told I will need one to register the child) called the place I should get it but they don't know how this could be done as well. I know part this is my own fault but it's just being so stressful and not helping with my pregnancy at all.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi

The last reply is the one you should consider the most. As for your PPSN Number don’t worry because the father of your child will be able to register the baby under his name. Given you’re categorically the biological mother, they’ll have no choice but to include your name in the birth certificate.

Other more experienced members may be able to give you clearer advise but after the baby is born, there’s every hope you’ll be able to get a settled legal status in the country.

All the best

focabh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by focabh » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:40 pm

You will be able to get the Stamp 4 under Zambrano, after your baby is granted with a Irish Passport.

But please note that it will take a loooong time for you, as you do not have a valid visa here at the moment. It would be very easy if you had any stamp, but as you don't, you have no choice but submit an application via form (send it by post) and that can take up to 1 year and 6 months to be completed. On the meantime, you cannot work or get any substancial assitance from the government. Also, they might get a bit pissed of as you are illegal here.