ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Currently towards the end of citizenship application- awaiting ceremony & lost my job unexpectedly

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Phaedra
Newly Registered
South Africa

Currently towards the end of citizenship application- awaiting ceremony & lost my job unexpectedly

Post by Phaedra » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:57 pm

So I am currently caught up in the citizenship debacle related to awaiting an invitation for the ceremony, I am through all stages and awaiting my invitation.

I have also just lost my job unexpectedly.Do job seekers benefits impact a citizenship application? Is there anywhere I could read more about this?

Phaedra
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Currently towards the end of citizenship application- awaiting ceremony & lost my job unexpectedly

Post by Phaedra » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:21 am

For anyones future use - yes claiming benefits does affect your application negatively.

Luckily I've found a new role. :mrgreen:

Issagenius
Ireland

Re: Currently towards the end of citizenship application- awaiting ceremony & lost my job unexpectedly

Post by Issagenius » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:35 am

I really don’t think it have that much effect, I work with homeless families myself and 60 percent of families am working are from none EU COUNTRIES All claiming all sort of benefits and Ac never seen anyone of them rejected despite they have never worked before.

Am so curious myself to know how they get approved, myself I had to make sure not to claim any benefits for the 10 years as been in Ireland

Phaedra
Newly Registered
South Africa

Moderators can you please delete?

Post by Phaedra » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:09 am

Moderators can you please delete the entire topic?

Found the information I required within another post.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:17 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Omad24
Afghanistan

Re: Moderators can you please delete?

Post by Omad24 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Phaedra wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:09 am
Moderators can you please delete the entire topic?

Found the information I required within another post.

Thank you

Why would u want it deleted when it can benefit someone in the future 🙄