ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing address while awaiting application number

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

holahola84
Newly Registered
Ireland

Changing address while awaiting application number

Post by holahola84 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Hello,

I have sent on the application for the citizenship (as a EU Citizen) in mid-June 2019, I have received the original copies of the IDs at the end of July, and I am waiting for the application number. My issue now is that I am changing house to another address in Dublin. I don’t know how to communicate the new address to the Department so that future communication by post will be delivered to my new address. They took 2 months to reply to an email and they never picked up the phone in the several attempts I made. Any suggestion?

nojoyfrominis

Re: Changing address while awaiting application number

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi

You can send them a written letter by registered post. They will send you the confirmation of the change straightaway. You can email them the change of address as well. But action is not guaranteed as they do not answer all the emails. But to be fair to them they did update my address when I emailed them

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Re: Changing address while awaiting application number

Post by aneelrahim » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:28 pm

holahola84 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:10 pm
Hello,

I have sent on the application for the citizenship (as a EU Citizen) in mid-June 2019, I have received the original copies of the IDs at the end of July, and I am waiting for the application number. My issue now is that I am changing house to another address in Dublin. I don’t know how to communicate the new address to the Department so that future communication by post will be delivered to my new address. They took 2 months to reply to an email and they never picked up the phone in the several attempts I made. Any suggestion?

You can also use the redirect service of anpost

https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Man ... edirection