ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR living in separate address

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alpha1384
Newly Registered

ILR living in separate address

Post by Alpha1384 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:29 am

Hi,

I plan on moving into a separate address in a different city due to work commitments. My partner and I going forward will have different addresses since she also has work commitment in a different city.

The situation is of a nature that we will have to maintain different addresses.

How will this affect future application to ILR.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: ILR living in separate address

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:56 am

Alpha1384 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:29 am
Hi,

I plan on moving into a separate address in a different city due to work commitments. My partner and I going forward will have different addresses since she also has work commitment in a different city.

The situation is of a nature that we will have to maintain different addresses.

How will this affect future application to ILR.
The spouse visa holder is expected live together and settle with its family in UK. In the absence of 6 piece of documents in joint names or 12 in individual names addressed on same address covering the last 2 years the application may not succeed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:13 am

Kindly only post in one topic that is relevant to your immigration status.

You appear to hold ore settled status and not a spouse settlement visa.

eea-route-applications/ilr-settlement-l ... l#p1832417
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:13 am

The HO will not know where you both live, so just have all her documents, bank statements, pay slips, etc etc sent to one address, and keep the tenancy / mortgage and any other accommodation details in joint names, as well as council tax and utility bills. She can rent somewhere else without the HO knowing.

Then you have the documents you need.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:23 am

THO wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:13 am
The HO will not know where you both live, so just have all her documents, bank statements, pay slips, etc etc sent to one address, and keep the tenancy / mortgage and any other accommodation details in joint names, as well as council tax and utility bills. She can rent somewhere else without the HO knowing.

The rules are different if the user is under the EEA/EU rules or pre-settled status under Appendix EU as their other topic indicates, where there is NO requirement for evidence of cohabitation or living together.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:20 am

THO wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:13 am

It may only work for very limited time.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:46 am

What do you mean Seagul? It will last for as long as they keep doing what I said. Besides, presumably they will see each other at weekends and holidays etc, so just because she rents somewhere else, does not mean they don't still live together, just not all the time.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:57 am

THO wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:46 am
What do you mean Seagul? It will last for as long as they keep doing what I said. Besides, presumably they will see each other at weekends and holidays etc, so just because she rents somewhere else, does not mean they don't still live together, just not all the time.
If she or he is living most in another city means totally different council where she should register to vote, there she/he should register with gp depending on postcode, hmrc need to be updated, employer need to updated correctly who will carryout crb checks (many job requires that), she/he if responsible for bills & council tax then again council/service provider need to be updated with correct address and so on.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:08 pm

You're assuming these things are joined up Seagul. The local council office will not be speaking to the HO and the HO will not find out that she rents somewhere else, it's impossible. Neither will the local doctors surgery be speaking to the HO, besides like I said she keeps those sorts of things at the property they are both supposed be living at. Just because she rents somewhere else, does not mean she spends more time there, and her doctors surgery remains the same as her husband.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:38 pm

THO wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:08 pm
You're assuming these things are joined up Seagul. The local council office will not be speaking to the HO and the HO will not find out that she rents somewhere else, it's impossible. Neither will the local doctors surgery be speaking to the HO, besides like I said she keeps those sorts of things at the property they are both supposed be living at. Just because she rents somewhere else, does not mean she spends more time there, and her doctors surgery remains the same as her husband.
I am not assuming rather telling you the eventual consequences and one will automatically be compelled to change with correct address. Given your example of surgery, if GOD forbidden she/he severally sick will she/he wait that she/he will see surgery in other city when she/he will meet her other partner, relevant council need correct address for council tax, not transferring your vote to relevant council has penalty, not updating to dvla has penalty, not informing to car insurance has penalty in the form of insurance being void, and a lot of employers apart of crb checks (as mentioned earlier) need up-to-date address for vetting. Therefore, as explained earlier not updating with new address might work only for little while but afterwards you will be compelled to change it either as part of standard procedure or due to the fear of any penalty.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:57 pm

As part of the application you have to fill out a declaration authorising HO to perform whatever checks they deem necessary to verify the evidence you provide them; furthermore, any of the original sources of the evidence are authorised to provide HO with the correct personal information of anything the provider considers incorrect for both the applicant and the spouse. Not that it matters in the OP's case as they appear to be in the UK under a different category (though this is a fun debate), but for a spouse visa they have to demonstrate living together. While living together doesn't really have a legal definition, HO would have to interpret what they believe living together to be and making false representations or failing to disclose material facts either in the application or in obtaining supporting documents is grounds for refusal of the visa. While the likelihood of HO uncovering the situation is low, the consequences are quite high and it's probably not worth it to most people to get caught in appeals centred around a discussion over what living together means.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:27 pm

Seagul, you are wrong, it is NOT illegal to not be registered to vote, and it is NOT illegal to be registered to vote in one of two places, if you have two residencies. It is illegal to be registered to vote in two different places for obvious reasons.

She is perfectly entitled to rent a property somewhere else, and live in it one day in every ten years if she wants to. No one will know where she is living the most.

As far as DVLA are concerned, she lives at the same address as her husband for most of the time, which is where the car is registered, (assuming she has one so that might not even be in the equation) and they will never look into it. How will they ever know where she lives most of the time?

CRB check, so what? I've never ever started a job and had a CRB check done on me, and maybe she will not need one of those. Sounds like she already has a job.

She will be paying council tax at her rented place, so nothing illegal there.

As for the surgery, again, you are not entirely correct. If she becomes ill while she is at her rented place, she can make an appointment with the local surgery and register as a temporary patient, it can be done there and then when needed. She will not have to travel back to her other residence. All she will need is her NHS number.

Simply rent a place, pay the council tax, have your pay slips addressed to the other address and keep the same bank account etc.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:48 pm

THO wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:27 pm
Seagul, you are wrong, it is NOT illegal to not be registered to vote, and it is NOT illegal to be registered to vote in one of two places, if you have two residencies. It is illegal to be registered to vote in two different places for obvious reasons.

She is perfectly entitled to rent a property somewhere else, and live in it one day in every ten years if she wants to. No one will know where she is living the most.

As far as DVLA are concerned, she lives at the same address as her husband for most of the time, which is where the car is registered, (assuming she has one so that might not even be in the equation) and they will never look into it. How will they ever know where she lives most of the time?

CRB check, so what? I've never ever started a job and had a CRB check done on me, and maybe she will not need one of those. Sounds like she already has a job.

She will be paying council tax at her rented place, so nothing illegal there.

As for the surgery, again, you are not entirely correct. If she becomes ill while she is at her rented place, she can make an appointment with the local surgery and register as a temporary patient, it can be done there and then when needed. She will not have to travel back to her other residence. All she will need is her NHS number.

Simply rent a place, pay the council tax, have your pay slips addressed to the other address and keep the same bank account etc.
Well I don't have time to keep correcting and keep giving you examples only for one particular thread which you probably trying to mould into your own taste. Lets live in that way and remember my words you will be compelled in changing your address. The way you are turning the things are for only the none-visa matters but still if strictly speaking is not a legal practice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:50 pm

Unless the OP comes back onto the forum to clarify their visa/RC status they hold given that their other topic confirms they have Pre Settled Status under Appendix EU and NOT a spouse visa under Appendix FM, this topic will now be locked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:13 am
Kindly only post in one topic that is relevant to your immigration status.

You appear to hold ore settled status and not a spouse settlement visa.

eea-route-applications/ilr-settlement-l ... l#p1832417
Alpha1384 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:48 am
Hi,

I plan on moving into a different city due to work commitments. My partner will be living in a different city for the same reason.
The situation is such that we may have to maintain different primary addresses going forward.

Currently have Pre-settled status and qualify for Settled Status in May 2021.

How will this affect the Settled Status/ILR application.

Thanks!
Char (CR001 not Casa)