ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Financial Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ttony1314
Newly Registered
China

Spouse Visa Financial Requirement

Post by ttony1314 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi there,

My Wife is currently holding a Tire 4 visa (3rd year into her PHD), However, She wish to switch to spouse Visa as she on longer wish to continue her study anymore.

I have currently granted ILR under 10 years at the 4th of Sep, and we have been married to each other since July 2015.

However, due to the nature of my work(basic pay + bonus), my income is rather unstable, Here is a outline of of my gross pay for the last 6 months,

April - 805
May - 1150
June - 1287
July - 2274
Aug - 1206
Sep - 1177
Oct - Est 3800

I just got a pay rise which means I will have 20000 P.A from Oct.

Does that means we dont meet the income requirement of 18600 P.A?

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa Financial Requirement

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:08 pm

ttony1314 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:21 pm
Hi there,

My Wife is currently holding a Tire 4 visa (3rd year into her PHD), However, She wish to switch to spouse Visa as she on longer wish to continue her study anymore.

I have currently granted ILR under 10 years at the 4th of Sep, and we have been married to each other since July 2015.

However, due to the nature of my work(basic pay + bonus), my income is rather unstable, Here is a outline of of my gross pay for the last 6 months,

April - 805
May - 1150
June - 1287
July - 2274
Aug - 1206
Sep - 1177
Oct - Est 3800

I just got a pay rise which means I will have 20000 P.A from Oct.

Does that means we dont meet the income requirement of 18600 P.A?

Thanks in advance
How much is basic pay and how much are bonuses in above wage figures?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:05 am

ttony1314 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:21 pm
Hi there,

Also as of last I checked you cannot change visa type from within the UK. She would have to leave and apply for entry as family/spouse, FWIW.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:35 am

chickpea wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:05 am
Also as of last I checked you cannot change visa type from within the UK. She would have to leave and apply for entry as family/spouse, FWIW.
Why do you believe the tier 4 student visa holder cannot switch to FLR m spouse visa in the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:22 am

chickpea wrote:
Definitely disagree with that. I switched from a Tier 5 visa to a spouse visa with no issues. Filled out an FLR(M) application and was good to go. Just need to have existing leave to remain granted for a period of longer than 6 months (except in case of fiance visa) and subject to other criteria listed in sections E-LTRP.2.1 and E-LTRP.2.2 of Appendix FM.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:07 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:22 am
chickpea wrote:
Definitely disagree with that. I switched from a Tier 5 visa to a spouse visa with no issues. Filled out an FLR(M) application and was good to go. Just need to have existing leave to remain granted for a period of longer than 6 months (except in case of fiance visa) and subject to other criteria listed in sections E-LTRP.2.1 and E-LTRP.2.2 of Appendix FM.
I must have confused it with the other way around - cannot convert spouse visa to Tier? Sorry for confusion, stress brain.

Fiance visa is not exactly the same as spouse visa though, residency-wise? (ie where you apply from)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:33 pm

chickpea wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:07 pm
geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:22 am
chickpea wrote:
I must have confused it with the other way around - cannot convert spouse visa to Tier? Sorry for confusion, stress brain.

Fiance visa is not exactly the same as spouse visa though, residency-wise? (ie where you apply from)
The OP is not asking about a fiance visa!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.