ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I lost my brc EEA Family Permit on holiday

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nana1983
Newly Registered
Somalia

I lost my brc EEA Family Permit on holiday

Post by Nana1983 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:19 pm

Hi, I’m somali married to a French we living in Uk. Unfortunately during my holiday in malysia I lost my BRC EEA Family Permit card and that is why I could not Fly back on September 17th. The airport refused to let me go back We went to Visa Center and presented my papers and the photo of my lost card police report paid almost 450 for the piroty application, that they advise to do replacement of brp but unfortunately two days after they sent a letter saying that it was the wrong application on the date of 30 October we did the EEA Family Permit application again and they told us to wait 2-3 weeks my husband have to go back to work I live in a panic I am afraid It will be longer did someone face this problem before

Head held high
Newly Registered
Somalia

Re: I lost my brc EEA Family Permit on holiday

Post by Head held high » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:42 pm

Hello. Am sorry to hear about your holiday being ruined by some complicated system regarding BRC. Are you still in Malaysia or are you now back in the UK? . Also it's very different situations if it's the airline people who refuse you or if it's the border agency people ( the person representing the the councolate) please explain more as I have a friend of mine who was stuck in turkey after his holidays. After calls from turkey to home office in UK and about n other 7 - 8 calls the home office contacted the BA and he was allowed back. The most important is to be calm and in no circumstances don't let your husband leave. One question I have for you please is that. What sort off passport did you use to travel ( a Somali passport). I my self are from Somalia I have a BRC but can't travel anywhere since the Somali epmassy in UK idoesnt provide Somali passport. Wish you all the best

Head held high
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by Head held high » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:28 am

I THINK I may have found a way to help you pm me pls Insha Allah

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:58 am

Head held high wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:28 am
I THINK I may have found a way to help you pm me pls Insha Allah
As far as I know, new members don't have a PM function until they reach 30 posts, so you can share your advice here and everyone will benefit from the info.
Nana1983 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:19 pm
they advise to do replacement of brp but unfortunately two days after they sent a letter saying that it was the wrong application
I don't understand, why did they say it was the wrong application if they told you to replace your BRP? I mean, as long as they give you the BRP 2 or 3 weeks after, it should be fine. In theory you still will be allowed to enter to the UK, even if you don't travel with your partner; however you will have to explain to the UK border officer what happened and that your husband returned for work reasons.

Head held high
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by Head held high » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:49 am

My bad. No disrespect but I honestly didn't knew the rules regarding pm. I work with lots of colleagues at the xxxx who are BRC holders. Family members of an e EEA . Regarding nana1983 go to the British councolate (empassy) in Malaysia with your EEA citizen husband and take it from there. My first post BA meaning British airways.