ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where does it say that the UK now considers my mother as my family member?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mulder
Germany

Where does it say that the UK now considers my mother as my family member?

Post by mulder » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:03 pm

My mother received her residence card but all it says is the following:
EU SCHEME
PRE-SETTLEMENT
She would like to apply for a Schengen visa and if we could prove that she is considered a "family member of an EU citizen" by one of the EU countries, the application process would be much easier.

Well, the UK does consider her my family member, but how do we prove it?

I checked all emails from GOV.UK I could find, I also checked https://www.gov.uk/view-your-settled-status

But I couldn't find anything where it explicitly says that she is my family member, i.e. on what terms she is here.

Do you know where to find it?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Where does it say that the UK now considers my mother as my family member?

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:34 am

The EU Settlement Scheme is not an EU scheme. The name including "EU" is deceptive.

That scheme doesn't use EU laws but UK domestic procedures. That's why the resulting document doesn't show the mention "Family member of EEA national".