ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Fee for 3 month old Baby Born in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mamaapril
Newly Registered

IHS Fee for 3 month old Baby Born in the UK

Post by Mamaapril » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:07 pm

I received a letter from the NHS requesting a pay IHS fee for my 3 month old baby in order for him to continue receiving free NHS services. Although I am not British, my baby was born in the UK and I can't seem to be able to pay this without applying for a visa which I wish to avoid as I am not planning to travel out of the UK with him

My husband and I have Leave to Remain in the UK until January 2021 and both paid IHS fees during our application.

We did not receive a request for IHS fee for our older child also born in the UK in April 2015 so why now?

Do we have to submit a visa application for the 3 month old child?

How do we go about paying this IHS fee without submitting a visa application for the 3 month old child even though we are not travelling with him?

Any advice gratefully received, thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: IHS Fee for 3 month old Baby Born in the UK

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:02 pm

Children born in the UK to those here lawfully for more than 6 months
If you give birth to a child in the UK, your child will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as someone who's ordinarily resident.

Your child is covered until 3 months of age, but only if they didn't leave the UK during that period.

You'll also need to meet one of the below criteria:

you have a valid visa of more than 6 months and paid the surcharge for that visa
you have a valid visa for more than 6 months, but were exempt from paying the surcharge
you have a valid visa for more than 6 months, which you applied for prior to April 6 2015
You should apply for a visa for your child during the 3-month period after your child's birth.

If required, you may have to pay the surcharge for your child. Failure to do so means you may be charged for NHS services provided for your child after the 3-month period.
https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-se ... -area-eea/
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:43 am

An alternative is to get adequate health insurance cover for child?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:35 pm

Mamaapril wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:07 pm
We did not receive a request for IHS fee for our older child also born in the UK in April 2015 so why now?
It could be that you need health insurance for your older child too if you haven't paid the IHS for them either.