ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC application.....Approval letter date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

T123
Newly Registered

EC application.....Approval letter date

Post by T123 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:28 am

Hello,
I've got a Question on EC.

My HSMP Approval letter expires on October 19th 2008.
I have recently started maintaining an amount of 2800 in my account.

I plan to apply for EC on the October 15th 2008 at the VFS application center. (This just leaves me with 4 days before my approval letter expires)

My question is If the officer at the embassy starts processing my documents say on the 20th of October, will my application still be valid...even though the letter itself would by then have expired...

Thanks..

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:49 pm

You must submit your application and ensure payment (application fees) is cleared before expiry of the HSMP approval. Period!

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bphanirajkumar

Post by bphanirajkumar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:01 am

Hi sushdmehta,

It means we can apply even one day before also right? It is matters that on what date we made application? by that date it should be valid, we do't have to bother when the application is processed..am i right?

Regards,
Phani.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:46 pm

bphanirajkumar wrote:Hi sushdmehta,

It means we can apply even one day before also right? It is matters that on what date we made application? by that date it should be valid, we do't have to bother when the application is processed..am i right?

Regards,
Phani.
My response above is self-explanatory. But if you're still confused then ask yourself this - Does it say anywhere that your EC application must be "processed" before the HSMP approval expires?? :roll:

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pyke

Post by pyke » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:40 pm

bphanirajkumar wrote: It means we can apply even one day before also right? It is matters that on what date we made application? by that date it should be valid, we do't have to bother when the application is processed..am i right?
That's true. But apparently in cases of appeal or administrative review should your application be rejected, you would have to have a valid approval letter. That was the advice received from my local VAC. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the case?