ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit for widowed mother

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ravekanth_bh
Newly Registered
India

EEA Family permit for widowed mother

Post by ravekanth_bh » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:21 pm

Dear All,
I have recently applied for European family permit in India. I am a EU citizen living in UK for last 3 years with a presettled status. 3 weeks ago my father passed away and I am the only child. So trying to bring my mom to UK under EEA family permit.

I provided all the documentation to the best of my knowledge ( which included, salary slips, UK bank statements, India bank statements, birth certificate, P60, dutch passport copy ). Also as a proof of dependency, i have 2 important points for my Mom. Financial and Physical dependency on top of my fathers loss recently.

Now my question is: As part of financial dependency i always transferred for 18 years money to my fathers account to which my mom is nominee. They both lived under the same household and passport and death certificate confirm the relationship between them. 1) Do you think bank statements submitted from my fathers account with my mother as nominee would in anyway a problem? Do UK officials think the documentation is not applicable for my mom? 2) What do you think are chances of getting a visa in this case? There is nothing i had to create and submitted all as is documentation. 3) Do they call her for an interview?

Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance

Regards

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EEA Family permit for widowed mother

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Hello

First of all, I am sorry for your loss.

They won't call for an interview in EEA routes. It's either a yes or a no.

The Home Office would predictably push back that the money was going to your deceased father. So he was your dependent and had he been alive, he would have qualified but not your mother.

Still as we are talking about your mother (direct family member), the proof of financial dependency is not important or critical. Some may argue it's not even necessary.

However, she is not part of your household. She is not living with you and never lived with you in the UK or in the EU.

Also, please consider that the refusal of the EEA card may cause refusal of visitor visas in the future.

ravekanth_bh
Newly Registered
India

Post by ravekanth_bh » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Thank you for your reply. I dont know if Home office would read the bank statements in such a shrewd way. They might know in India earlier generations are not that well educated and its in my cover letter i explained the reasons why we maintained one bank account under my fathers name( who is actually able to operate account, understood fraud and able to maintain internet banking etc... My mom is clueless unfortunately).

But isnt it the whole point, someone is dependent somewhere else, thats why we are requesting them to join us via this visa?

I really didnt understand your last point that.

ravekanth_bh
Newly Registered
India

Post by ravekanth_bh » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Thank you for your reply. I dont know if Home office would read the bank statements in such a shrewd way. They might know in India earlier generations are not that well educated and its in my cover letter i explained the reasons why we maintained one bank account under my fathers name( who is actually able to operate account, understood fraud and able to maintain internet banking etc... My mom is clueless unfortunately).

But isnt it the whole point, someone is dependent somewhere else, thats why we are requesting them to join us via this visa?

Also till my father was there, she was able to get the psychological, functional support from him and finance and accommodation support from me. Whole point is now she is alone and inconsolable now. If not for this kind of genuine cases, i dont know to whom they give these kind of visas?

I really didn't understand your last point that.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:08 pm

You can start here:
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit

Your mother qualifies as "close" family member or direct family member (as opposed to Extended family member):

There is a successful case here, please study it carefully:

eea-route-applications/eea-fm-applicati ... 64104.html

There are also plenty of cases with refusal.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:54 pm

ravekanth_bh wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:21 pm
Dear All,
I have recently applied for European family permit in India. I am a EU citizen living in UK for last 3 years with a presettled status. 3 weeks ago my father passed away and I am the only child. So trying to bring my mom to UK under EEA family permit.

I provided all the documentation to the best of my knowledge ( which included, salary slips, UK bank statements, India bank statements, birth certificate, P60, dutch passport copy ). Also as a proof of dependency, i have 2 important points for my Mom. Financial and Physical dependency on top of my fathers loss recently.

Now my question is: As part of financial dependency i always transferred for 18 years money to my fathers account to which my mom is nominee. They both lived under the same household and passport and death certificate confirm the relationship between them. 1) Do you think bank statements submitted from my fathers account with my mother as nominee would in anyway a problem? Do UK officials think the documentation is not applicable for my mom? 2) What do you think are chances of getting a visa in this case? There is nothing i had to create and submitted all as is documentation. 3) Do they call her for an interview?

Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance

Regards
Dear Revekanth

first of all very sorry for big loss of your father.

I haven’t idea which route you did apply for mother may be my information not helpful for you now. If you applied through EU settlement scheme then you have to establish only proof of relationship and if you send the money in her account or other way of means as dependency. You don’t need to much documents submit. Only you need to mention your EUSS application unique number. To be honest it so easy and quick i had applied for my mother in pakistan and she got the visa in 5 days now she is here in UK. Have look link below

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit

Best of luck

Kaleem