ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements and payslip (ILR TIER 2 ROUTE)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PGTips
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Letter of Absences, Payslips, P60 and other concerns (SET O)

Post by PGTips » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:01 am

Hi all,

I am currently so confused and stressed up about my ILR application. I'm planning to submit my application in October. There isn't a specific and clear guideline, unlike in Tier 2 application. I read many different resources online and they all have different advises. I would really appreciate if you guys can advise me on the below:

1. Letter of Absences
- My HR is unable to state details of my absences. All they did in the letter was list out all of my annual leave dates. But I didn't leave the country on all of my annual leave dates.
Would the Home Office be just comparing the list of absences from UK that I've stated in my application form to the letter, and as long they match, it will be alright? OR
Does the letter need to only specify the absences which I've left the country? But HR wouldn't know what I do on my annual leave.

- Also, the dates they listed are dates that they input a holiday paycode on and doesn't take into account my regular days off.
So for eg. I don't work on Sundays and Fridays, so I flew out of the country on Sunday 15th of September and came back to the country on 19th of September. As I took the whole week off, the dates on the letter stated are Monday 16th Sept to Thurs 19th of September, and Saturday 21st of September. Would this be ok?

2. Payslips
- They are online now. Some resources said printed ones are alright as HO will compare that with the original bank statements that I have. Some resources said the printed copies have to be certified as true copy by HR and accompanied by a cover letter to say they are true and genuine. Which is correct?
Can my line manager certify that and do the cover letter? My company is a big company and the HR is in a totally different county, there's no way I can get the printed copies to them to get them certified.

3. P60
- Do we need P60 too? This is a Tier 2 to ILR route. From my understanding, only the payslips are required but I read one of the threads in this forum and someone mentioned about P60.

4. The application is online now. Do I post my original documents to them after I submit or all I need to do is bring the documents to the appointment? I also read somewhere that some people get 2 photocopies of each document certified by a solicitor. Is this necessary?

5. All documents have to be within a month. The within a month date is from the date I submit my application or the date of my appointment? If it's the latter, what if there's no earlier appointment dates? I won't be able to see what are available till I submit my application.

PLEASE HELP!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you!!!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Letter of Absences, Payslips, P60 and other concerns (SET O)

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:55 pm

1. Letter of Absences
- My HR is unable to state details of my absences. All they did in the letter was list out all of my annual leave dates. But I didn't leave the country on all of my annual leave dates.
Would the Home Office be just comparing the list of absences from UK that I've stated in my application form to the letter, and as long they match, it will be alright? OR
Does the letter need to only specify the absences which I've left the country? But HR wouldn't know what I do on my annual leave.
Only absences from the UK count
- Also, the dates they listed are dates that they input a holiday paycode on and doesn't take into account my regular days off.
So for eg. I don't work on Sundays and Fridays, so I flew out of the country on Sunday 15th of September and came back to the country on 19th of September. As I took the whole week off, the dates on the letter stated are Monday 16th Sept to Thurs 19th of September, and Saturday 21st of September. Would this be ok?
Yes
2. Payslips
- They are online now. Some resources said printed ones are alright as HO will compare that with the original bank statements that I have. Some resources said the printed copies have to be certified as true copy by HR and accompanied by a cover letter to say they are true and genuine. Which is correct?
Can my line manager certify that and do the cover letter? My company is a big company and the HR is in a totally different county, there's no way I can get the printed copies to them to get them certified.
Everything is scanned only. NO original documents are sent
3. P60
- Do we need P60 too? This is a Tier 2 to ILR route. From my understanding, only the payslips are required but I read one of the threads in this forum and someone mentioned about P60.
P60 is NOT required
4. The application is online now. Do I post my original documents to them after I submit or all I need to do is bring the documents to the appointment? I also read somewhere that some people get 2 photocopies of each document certified by a solicitor. Is this necessary?
Everything is scanned only. NO original documents are sent. Take all your documents to the appointment though. You should ignore what you read somewhere
5. All documents have to be within a month. The within a month date is from the date I submit my application or the date of my appointment? If it's the latter, what if there's no earlier appointment dates? I won't be able to see what are available till I submit my application.
The date of submission online
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

PGTips
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by PGTips » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:18 pm

Thanks so much, Zimba!

Just to clarify again:

1. Does that mean I can just scan my payslips I printed with no certification needed from my employer or do they still need certifying as true copy first before I scan them?

2. HR just has to list those dates spent outside the UK and to omit all my other annual leave dates that were spent in UK. Am I right?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:08 pm

1. Does that mean I can just scan my payslips I printed with no certification needed from my employer or do they still need certifying as true copy first before I scan them?
NO need for certifying it
2. HR just has to list those dates spent outside the UK and to omit all my other annual leave dates that were spent in UK. Am I right?
Yes they can do that
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

PGTips
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by PGTips » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:38 pm

Thank you so much for your help, Zimba!

PGTips
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by PGTips » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:07 pm

Sorry, Zimba. I'm just being extra paranoid but can I clarify again? As your answers were just a "yes" or "no" previously.
Can I just confirm that printed payslips are acceptable, and NO certifying and NO cover letter stating they are genuine copies are needed?

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:08 pm

There is NO NEED for certifying them. ALL documents are being scanned

PGTips
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by PGTips » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:40 am

How about a cover letter? Some people in this forum said they got a cover letter from their employer to prove that the payslips are genuine. Thank you!

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:45 am

PGTips wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:40 am
How about a cover letter? Some people in this forum said they got a cover letter from their employer to prove that the payslips are genuine. Thank you!
If ur payslips are genuine than you have nothing to worry about.
The HO office conducts their own verification checks. They will figure the genuineness out without ur help and out no matter what you submit. By providing more paper work than required you may set urself up for further checks and delays. Stick to the bare minimum requirements and don’t over think this.

PGTips
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by PGTips » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:54 pm

Thank you! I tried to get HR to only list out my absence dates from the UK but they wouldn't and came back to me with "As previously mentioned the company is not liable to confirm when you were outside of the UK on paid annual leave. We are only able to provide a list of all your absence dates." So in my absence letter, I have all of my annual leave dates listed including those which I've not left the country. Do you think that it would be alright? Thank you again!

abhijit19
India

Post by abhijit19 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:05 pm

PGTips wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:54 pm
Thank you! I tried to get HR to only list out my absence dates from the UK but they wouldn't and came back to me with "As previously mentioned the company is not liable to confirm when you were outside of the UK on paid annual leave. We are only able to provide a list of all your absence dates." So in my absence letter, I have all of my annual leave dates listed including those which I've not left the country. Do you think that it would be alright? Thank you again!
That's absolutely fine. You don't really need HR to confirm it. Just list the days out of the UK and you are fine.

PGTips
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by PGTips » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Thanks so much, Zimba! Really appreciate it!

PGTips
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Bank statements and payslip (ILR TIER 2 ROUTE)

Post by PGTips » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:39 am

Hi guys,

Based on the checklist on the online application form, can I just confirm:

1. Only the most recent bank statement is needed? Or should I just send 3-6 months just in case?

2. Do I need to prove that I have enough funds in my bank like in Tier 2 visa application? I have 2 accounts, one where my salary goes into and one which is my savings account which I transfer some of my salary into. My savings account proves that I have enough fund. My current account shows my salary. From the checklist, it does only seem like it is only the account that shows my salary is required and no prove of funds is needed. Should I just send the statements from both accounts to be on the safe side?

3. Only the most recent payslip is needed? Or should I just send 3-6 months just in case?

Thanks.

lhrflyer
Newly Registered

Re: Bank statements and payslip (ILR TIER 2 ROUTE)

Post by lhrflyer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:42 am

Don't need to send anything just in case.

1. Only most recent statement, it must show your latest salary (the one in the payslip) being paid in
2. Irrelevant, you don't need to show funds or anything like in Tier 2
3. Only most recent and it must the one shown in your bank statement. Pay slip and bank statement are two sides to the same coin.

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by devahere » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:00 am

Yes, that's correct but still, some provide the last 12 months payslips anyway. At the end of your application submission, you will get a list of all required documents which is normally last month's payslip and bank statement mainly. Also, I have been recommended to stamp the bank statement if it's an online version and didn't receive it through the post.

lhrflyer
Newly Registered

Post by lhrflyer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:38 pm

devahere wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:00 am
Yes, that's correct but still, some provide the last 12 months payslips anyway. At the end of your application submission, you will get a list of all required documents which is normally last month's payslip and bank statement mainly. Also, I have been recommended to stamp the bank statement if it's an online version and didn't receive it through the post.
They specifically state you should not provide more than 1 month worth of statements, the requirement is quite clear. I very much doubt it will affect your application, but it's unnecessary and just adds a burden on yourself to come up with extra paperwork that no one is asking for.

If your bank statement is an online version, yes it must be stamped by the bank. What I did and what I find the easiest is to just request a paper statement to be posted to your home address.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:46 pm

lhrflyer wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:38 pm
devahere wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:00 am
They specifically state you should not provide more than 1 month worth of statements, the requirement is quite clear. I very much doubt it will affect your application, but it's unnecessary and just adds a burden on yourself to come up with extra paperwork that no one is asking for.

If your bank statement is an online version, yes it must be stamped by the bank. What I did and what I find the easiest is to just request a paper statement to be posted to your home address.
With the new system, evidence can be originals or copies except the passport only.
Online statements are fine.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

PGTips
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by PGTips » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:31 pm

Thank you for your help, everyone!!! :D

PGTips
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by PGTips » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:26 pm

Hi guys,

Can I just confirm this again with people that have successfully obtained their ILR with the new online system? Are online bank statements acceptable? Do they need stamping from the bank? I ordered my paper statements from my bank, took them 10 days to send them, but when they arrived, they were the wrong ones! They had to resend so will take another 7 -10 working days! Ridiculous! This is the only document that is stopping me from submitting my application.

Thanks!

PGTips
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by PGTips » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Please ignore my last reply as I have sorted the issue out. Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:37 pm

PGTips wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:26 pm
? Are online bank statements acceptable? Do they need stamping from the bank?
Yes and these should be stamped by the relevant bank. A lot of online bank statements in pdf format by many banks are exactly same as are sent in post and in that case these should be fine as long as these are not pacifically marked as online.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.