ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seasonal Work for a U.S. Citizen??

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ManicMenzies
Newly Registered
United States of America

Seasonal Work for a U.S. Citizen??

Post by ManicMenzies » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:06 am

My cousin in Scotland is telling me I could work in Scotland seasonally. I'm not sure if this is an option for an United States Citizen of my caliber.

Family history; Mother was born in the U.S. she has the dual citizenship but never took me over as a wee lad and I was born after 1983.

I was looking into being a hiking guide considering my experience as a Backcountry Ranger.

Is it possible?

If it is, how would I persue something like this (seasonally)?

The Station Agent

Re: Seasonal Work for a U.S. Citizen??

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:14 pm

I don't believe seasonal work is available, apart from to Commonwealth citizens under 30, or under the bizarre new agricultural seasonal workers program (a licence for gangs to run modern slavery scams if ever there was one - it only applies to farm work).

You would instead need a work permit (Certificate of Sponsorship) issued by a UK employer, and that would be nigh-on impossible to get for a job like that, I fear.